Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharp thing near wisdom teeth removal site.?

Options
  • 18-04-2008 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

I had my top wisdom teeth removed about a month ago.

Now I can feel a small sharp thing poking out under the cheek side of my gum where my right wisdom tooth was removed. It is not at the site but right beside it. It is sore to press on.

Its weird because the teeth were definitely taken out whole, I kept them as souvenirs so I am 100% sure. What is this and should I be concerned? Can't afford to spend unnecessary money at the dentist right now so I want to establish whether it is a problem or not first.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Its weird because the teeth were definitely taken out whole, I kept them as souvenirs so I am 100% sure. What is this and should I be concerned?
    While I note you say it was taken out whole, from my experience, it does sound like you've got a bit left. There is infection around this so it feels sharp and sore to touch. That said, I am not a dentist and you should see one soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Gu3rr1lla

I had the same problem when I got one of my tooth pulled. Don't take my word on this but when I had this I just thought it was really hard tissue caused by the anestetic. Maybe I'm wrong, I never went to see a dentist about it, but I haven't had a problem since. Go to the dentist for peace of mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

I had that problem and had to go back to my dentist to get it out, it was either a shard of bone or a bit of the tooth working its way out. It may just come out of its own accord but from my experience i felt a whole lot better after getting my dentist to take it out.

Advertisement