Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RPG Software

Options
  • 18-04-2008 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone here use or know of any software for playing RPG's? The kind of thing I'm thinking of is the likes of Fantasy Grounds where you can play an RPG with your friends online, just like you were playing around the same table.

I'm just curious about whether they're any use.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Best thing I found for that was running never winter nights multiplayer games tbh.
    The dungeon master controls were very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

A friend of mine was in a game of Wild Talents once, but halfway through started working security at nights and couldn't make it. So he and the GM got a webcam, and he sat in on the session like that, getting emailed copies of the handouts and so on. Worked very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Webcam could be awkward with my habit of forgetting to wear pants! Neverwinter Nights is ok, IMO, but I just feel limited by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

OpenRPG is fantastic for running rpgs online

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Anyone heard about how this i going to be implemented in the 4th Edition D&D? It looked somewhat interesting on the youtube videos but I haven't seen anything else on it as yet

• Advertisement
Advertisement