Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Configuring Mail on iphone

Options
  • 18-04-2008 3:06pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Im trying to configure Mail on my iphone to pick up my o2 webmail but having problems.

Anyone help me out please?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Don't have the exact settings to hand but give O2 Data Support 1850 601740 a buzz in the morning and they'll talk you through it (don't ring from the iPhone).

++ edit
    This is how you set it up on your iPhone and this is where you can get the settings - off this page.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

thanks didnt think of using their site :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Hi I had a slight bit of difficulty setting up O2.ie mail on iPhone too:

Incoming Mail server: pop3.o2.ie

Outgoing Mail Server: mail1.eircom.net

(I use this one as it seems to work well with multiple providers i.e. if I am on a BT WLAN connection at home, or a AirwaveInternet WLAN connection in the folks house or connected via O2 EDGE network the mails will still send.

Also the iPhone for some reason has use SSL ticked as a default, untick this in the mail settings. The option for SSL must be set to off for both incoming & outgoing, the option to do this can be found under "advanced" for the mail account you set up for o2.ie mail.

Your o2 mail should work then.

Advertisement