Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PEQ Box Camera

Options
  • 18-04-2008 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I decided to make my own camera to film skirmishes, to here it is!
    Post on Airsoft IT Carlow blog

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

that looks nicely put together, very professional, how do you then record using this, do you just run wires back to a bag or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

looks good, Have one of those wireless mini spy camera's here, had it duct taped to my p90 once, never thought of putting it in a peq box :)

Could probably fit the full camera/transmitter into one of those handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

Thanks, can't wait to try it out. i need to get an archos media player or something to record to. I believe some sony cameras can record from external video sources too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

that looks really good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Looks Great.

Do ya know what..I think we have one them lying around somewhere. Might try plagerise your idea. And I have a sony DV camera so I'll see if it'll take the input.

Cheers Mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭Killinator

Can anyone post up a diagram of how to set these up,
    i see lots of these for sale with cables running from them, but do these need to connect to another standard camera/recording device, i want to set up my own camera but i just not sure what i need, im just plain and simple confused, a list of things i need would be good,
    i dont need it specifically for the peq box just what these cameras are wired up and what they connect to,
    any help appreciated!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

the 3 leads you see coming out of the camera are for video and audio, they can be plugged into anything which will accept the inputs, they can also be put into a scart adapter

Yellow -> Video
    White -> Audio (left i think?)
    Red -> Audio (right)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭Killinator

i hadfigured it was something like that,
    so in that case if i had a camcorder that those cables would fit into, i would just run those wires from the cam(where ever it is) into the rcorder(full size camcorder in this case) and just have the camcorder in a back pouch recording away,
    am i getting there or am i drifting away

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Looks good, did something similar with a "bullet" surveillance camera mounted in a scope ring and a smaller one on a helmet. You have the option of putting a small wireless transmitter on it and having a reciever on the recorder in your pouch if you want to save wires. The other option is to go on ebay and have a look at the Genius line of SD-card based camcorders. They have external inputs and are quite cheap. They take up to a 2Gb SD card which, with the rig I set up, gave me about 2 and a half hours of recording. That was without sound but I'd say you'd get an hour and a half out of it with the sound on your rig being used too.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

Building one of these was on my to-do list. Looks like a good job. What kind of quality video do you get from that camera?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

flashingbluelites helmet cam would be a good option since it records to SD card, that PEQ looks neat though., nicely done.,

Video of a wireless mini camera like his powere by a bog standard 9v battery(the square ones) mounted on the ump.

Now all I need is a pocket size unit that'll give me 12v and 1amp to power the reciever and something to record to. My Sony doesn't take input.

KDouglas was close with the cable config, on a standard camera he is correct, but with these mini camera's
    red - power ( 9v battery )
    yellow - video
    white - audio ( mono )

I'm very happy with the video quality, the way my camera works is it just streams the video so I can hook it straight up to a tv for live feed or I can record through the tv, a camcorder, or a media player, which is what I intend to get.

Thanks for all the good comments, hope to get some good use out of it soon :D

Ok, have it mounted right now, its on an RIS ring right in front of the ACOG. Whats nice is that the front sight is directly in the middle of the shot, just like if you were actually shooting the gun:D Now I just need a good IR source. If I took a standard RIS torch and put a really dark red filter would that be picked up without giving me away too much?

Pics
    http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e120/lethal_bullet/DSCF3989.jpg
    http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e120/lethal_bullet/DSCF3990.jpg
    http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e120/lethal_bullet/DSCF3991.jpg

Nice, Why do you need an IR source?

Crave wrote: »
    Nice, Why do you need an IR source?

Night games are gold for video:D Its got its own IR LEDs but one, they're obstructe by the mount, and two, they suck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

If I took a standard RIS torch and put a really dark red filter would that be picked up without giving me away too much?

You should look out for a specific IR filter for that or try to source IR bulbs. Might be better.

Advertisement