Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muscle pain

Options
  • 18-04-2008 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi All;

Was running last night doing my usual 10k. At around the 7k mark i got a pain in upper leg muscle that hurt a good bit while i tried to run. Took a break for 2 mins and walked a bit and it went away! Any one ever have this happen to them?

I am only a jogger just out for leisure with marathon an aim

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 RRSC

hi saintoff

aches and pains are par for the course, but if it doesn't go away see a professional therapist. not enough detail in your post to speculate on the cause. (unless you have very sensitive skin) for muscular pain try a wad of kitchen paper damped in apple cider vinegar. leave it on the painful area for 40 minutes max. repeat daily for 3 days. as above, if pain persists, see a pro for help.

enjoy your running. build up slowly, the marathon will wait for you !!!

rrsc

• Registered Users Posts: 3 etoims

Hi Sainttoff

You can try the following yoga exercises to get yourself relieved from pain:

1. Walking Lunges

2. Leg Extension Machine

3. Warrior Pose

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

It's been six years. I'd say if saintoff is still experiencing muscle pain, it's probably something that needs a little more than yoga exercises.

Advertisement