Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannibal Holocause Wikipedis featured article.

Options
  • 18-04-2008 3:17am
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Excellent movie.
    It's influence was seen when Blair Witch ripped it, sometimes scene for scene, and made trillions.
    Awesome music as well.

Good to see it get a bit of recognition.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

It's not quite accurate (or fair) to say that Blair Witch ripped it off, although it was obviously heavily influenced by it.

The film is excellent though, it's leaps and bounds above its peers in Italian gore flicks* in terms of depth. I recall the first time I saw it, the group had varying degrees of exposure to this kind of film but I don't think anybody was less shocked than anybody else.

I was upset to miss the screening in the IFI and the Q&A with Ruggero Deodato, but it was out of my control at the time.

* zombie/cannibal - ferox/holocaust/creeping flesh etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Awesome.

I love this movie soooooooooooo much.IMO its as flawless as a horror/exploitation movie can be.Definitly in my top 10 of all time.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

i havent seen it. Would like to though.

If you are going to get it you will have to buy online to get the uncut version.
    The only version that got a general release over here has something in the region of 8 minutes cut from it.
    The longest possible version is the ultrabit release.It contains the full "road to hell" sequence that isnt in any other version.
    For the edition with the most extras go for the 2 disc grindhouse release of it.
    It has the road to hell sequence but its only in the extras section and not in the movie itself.

It is a top,top movie and really is a must for any horror movie fan.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

aidanpower wrote: »
    I was upset to miss the screening in the IFI and the Q&A with Ruggero Deodato, but it was out of my control at the time.

* zombie/cannibal - ferox/holocaust/creeping flesh etc

Missed out dude...that was my first time seeing it, about 3yrs ago i think at the ifi horrorthon. Music was really creepy...can still remember how it went. I havnt seen the rest but there was about 5 or 6 other Italian directed cannibal movies with real animals been killed, ferox was one of them...not meant to be as good though.

• Advertisement

Of the Italian cannibal movies Ive seen,CH stands head and shoulders above the rest.
    Ferox isnt bad and has some nice gore but isnt on a par with Holocaust.
    Eaten alive is ok,again,some decent gore but apart from that not a whole lot.
    Slave to the Cannibal God is,well,meh.

There are a few others who's title's currently elude me but they are really for completists only.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

nedtheshed wrote: »
    If you are going to get it you will have to buy online to get the uncut version.
    The only version that got a general release over here has something in the region of 8 minutes cut from it.
    The longest possible version is the ultrabit release.It contains the full "road to hell" sequence that isnt in any other version.
    For the edition with the most extras go for the 2 disc grindhouse release of it.
    It has the road to hell sequence but its only in the extras section and not in the movie itself.

How much would the Ultrabit dvd be on the web?

Advertisement