Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SonyEricsson k750i & Sony Memory Stick Duo Pro 4gb - Major file-transfer problems

Options
  • 18-04-2008 1:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Re:
    * SonyEricsson K750i
    * Sony Memory Stick Duo Pro 4GB memory card
    * Windows Vista 32-bit

I have the above devices. There is 2gb free memory on the memory card. I'm experiencing the following problems constantly:

* When using Windows Media Player or the J-River Media Center (I haven't tried any other programs to do it) to transfer music to the memory stick via the phone using the USB cable, it can often take up to five minutes just to transfer a 4mb mp3 file.

* Sometimes during the transfer, a message will suddenly appear on the computer screen saying "The file you are trying to transfer can not be found" - even though the file is in the same place it was when I started the transfer.

* Then, it tells me the memory card is empty.
    * OR
    * It tells me the memory stick is now full.

* Mainly, it says "This folder is empty" - referring to the k750i device AND the memory card.

* Whenever I attach the phone to my computer, a message appears saying "This device is damaged. Scan? Continue without scanning?" I let it scan and it said it had fixed problems. However the above problems continued.

* I also tried "dragging and dropping" the files directly from my desktop to the memory-card folder. However, all of the above problems occured still.

This is driving me mad! Can anyone help?

Thanks! :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

as far as i know the k750i was only ever designed to take a 2gb pro duo max, the phones firmware probably can't handle the 4gb card. has it ever worked?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

You should update the K750i to its last firmware revision, ( see the SE website, SE update service (SEUS) is what your looking for, also do a backup of your phone before hand (just in case))

and you should be using USB mode and NOT phone mode when transferring large files

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

How do I switch from phone mode to USB mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

eskimo wrote: »
    How do I switch from phone mode to USB mode?

as far as i remember the k750i/w800i didnt give the option to use phone or transfer files when connected to pc like all the newer models do, they just automatically go to file transfer mode preventing you from using the phone features

Advertisement