Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SE K810i camera won't work

Options
  • 17-04-2008 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭

I have a Sony Ericsson K810i Sim-Free phone for nearly a year now but over the last few days I have noticed that I cannot take pictures with it anymore.

When I pull down the cover to reveal the camera lens it goes into camera mode as normal but when I press the button to take a pic nothing happens. I can hear a slight shutter movement but no picture is taken (this happens in video mode too). Even the flash comes on like it is going to take a pic plus the little green dot in the left hand corner flicks on and off too...........like normal, but no pics.

I have a 1GB memory stick in it so space isn't a problem and I updated it online earlier but I'm still having problems.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Try savings to the phone instead of the memory card and see if that helps.

Try a hard reset and see if that helps.

Try a software update and see if that helps.

Otherwise bring it back to where you got it or send it away to www.mprc.ie with the receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

random wrote: »
    Try savings to the phone instead of the memory card and see if that helps.

Try a hard reset and see if that helps.

Try a software update and see if that helps.

Check

Check

Check

..........no joy :(
    random wrote: »
    Otherwise bring it back to where you got it or send it away to www.mprc.ie with the receipt.

I got it in the UK and the receipt went AWOL.

They may still be able to help even without the receipt. Is it within 2 years? There's a date code under the battery in the format 07W23. The first 2 digits are the year, last 2 are the week.

Give them a call with IMEI and this code and ask them: http://www.mprc.ie/contactus.asp

The code on my phone is 07W21 and when I did the reset the date came up as 27th of February 2007 (I got the phone last June).

I'll give MPRC a buzz and see what they think.

Cheers.

Raekwon wrote: »
    The code on my phone is 07W21 and when I did the reset the date came up as 27th of February 2007 (I got the phone last June).

I'll give MPRC a buzz and see what they think.

Cheers.
    They're pretty quick. I sent a phone away Monday last week and had it back Tuesday or Wednesday this week.

07W21 looks positive! I reckon they should be able to fix based on that.

Otherwise try www.fonefix.ie and there are a few others out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

I had something similar happen to my K800i (same as K810), for just one weekend it took about 10 goes pressing the camera button before it would take a snap.
    I was going to swap it in O2 shop the monday after, but the phone was perfect afterwards! weird ! and never had any problems with it since.

(you can get around it by just pressing in the joystick, this will do the autofocus and camera capture all in one go)

Thanks for the tip, it actually takes pictures when I press the joystick :D The camera button is still not clicking though :(

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Did you try using it via "Flight mode"?

I just tried it in flight mode and it's the same result as in normal mode. The camera button seems to be the problem.

Update: As if by magic the camera button works again! weird :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

Yeah knew it would come back working, must be some dust in the contact.

Advertisement