Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slow Down Music Software

Options
  • 17-04-2008 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

Hi..Can anyone recommend software which will allow you to slow a song down half speed and more for learning guitar solo's or percussion pieces.
    I cant seem to find a version online thats free..If anyone knows of a free program online id be grateful.
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JacoStanley

Nozebleed wrote: »
    Hi..Can anyone recommend software which will allow you to slow a song down half speed and more for learning guitar solo's or percussion pieces.
    I cant seem to find a version online thats free..If anyone knows of a free program online id be grateful.
    thanks.

Check out the amazing slower downer at http://www.ronimusic.com/. Quite handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 _RoSy_

Hey,

Guitar Pro is a really good piece of software, I've not used it for a couple of years but I remember it being very handy. There's also a lot of content available out there (songs, tabs etc.) for it as far as I remember.

http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php

Unforunately it's not free but you could probably check out a trial and if you like it maybe save your pocket money for a while ;)

Hope that helps,

R.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Desmo

Nozebleed wrote: »
    thanks.

transcribe from seventh string software is not free but is cheap and worth every penny. It is made by one bloke and is THE single most useful piece of music software I have. It only costs 50 dollars.

http://www.seventhstring.com/

Download a demo. It allows you to mark up a track with beats, measures, sections, allows you to transpose, alter tuning, it guesses notes and chords and allows looping of sections at any speed you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,496 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Do you just want to slow down the music without changing pitch, and nothing else?

If yes, then Windows Media Player 11 has that built in. Just click Now Playing (and a 2nd time if it wasnt already selected) -> Enhancements -> Play Speed Settings

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

I can t remember who recommended "Best Practice" a a slower downer, but me likey.

Change pitch, speed, pitch fine adjust, karaoke function. pretty cool.
    except that the bstrd doesn t recognise m4a, so I'll have to find the CD.

And I don't have a decent pc at home. I'll just bring the guitar to the office then.

I was kidding about the karaoke please don't ban me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 atza

It is been a while since this thread has been visited last, many things have happen since. Many new application for slowdown music have appeared and many even better than the ones mentioned above...I'd like to mention riffstation- amazing one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

mac for free
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gassistant/id417413308?mt=12

there are android/pc versions and also free but i haven't used them

Advertisement