Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar Panels and wind power in a Milking Parlour

Options
  • 17-04-2008 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi, we're looking to build a new milking parlour and want to install solar panels to heat the water required. Can anyone recommend a supplier to do this in Tipp/Waterford area? It's not that different really from a house installation so I don't see why someone who hasn't done a milking parlour before couldn't do it. I have the daily water requirements from the parlour, so I can size it based on this, and the fact that we won't get enought hot water all year round won't be a huge issue as we won't want it Nov-Feb anyway, or at least not in as large a quantity. What do I need to look for when selecting a supplier? The other thing that we're looking at now is a windmill to provide electricity. Now I personally think that this may not be worth it, but my brother doesn't agree so I'm looking into it, anyone know where I should start?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Your site would need to be surveyed for wind turbines as not all areas are suitable, its not as simple as just putting up a turbine.

Ive sent you a PM

Advertisement