Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Certificate Religious Education

Options
  • 17-04-2008 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Religion this year is the day after my last exam. I was thinking of just turning up and doing it for the laugh. It looks so easy, its just a bunch of philosophical essays.

So how would I go about studying for it the night before. I don't really understand what you need to know. Is there a pre-submitted project or anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah there's a presubmitted project. And as far as the essays go it's not all opinion-based philosophy stuff, do you really think the DOE give a crap about your opinion? You'd want to learn pre-socratic and socratic philosophy, different types of philosophy and the philophers related to them, and that's just the first section. I'd say it's very difficult to get even a pass if you don't know what you're talking about, so why bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭mhairesa

Well its a two year course but if you have a look at this it'll show you the main aspects to study.. Good Luck trying to learn it the night before!

http://www.pdfdownload.org/pdf2html/pdf2html.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.education.ie%2Fservlet%2Fblobservlet%2Flc_religion_sy.pdf%3Flanguage%3DEN&images=yes

• Registered Users Posts: 44 delighted.

:|

philosophy isn't even 100% guaranteed to come up. the concept of god in monotheism, polytheism, morality, values, myths, symbols, rites of passage/burial etc. humanism, existentialism, proofs of god.

don't forget to learn all about jesus, returning to origins, the first christian communities, proofs for jesus, jesus of faith and history, proof that he's aware of messianic expectation.

world religions, be able to compare islam, judaism and christianity under headings such as vision of salvation, festivals, rites, challenges. learn about cults, primal religions and the global distribution of religion. and religious traditions in ireland.

how mary is presented in the four gospels, philosophy of gender, psychology of gender, feminist theologians.

plus way more.

Religion this year is the day after my last exam. I was thinking of just turning up and doing it for the laugh. It looks so easy, its just a bunch of philosophical essays. Eh...yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

It's a two year course for a reason. It's not some doss exam entirely based on your opinion- how are they meant to mark it that way? There is method behind it, believe it or not.

What sorta stuff did you expect to be on it exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Dog Fan

My school doesn't do the exam in religion. What did you think of the course?

DEFINITELY not something to try the night before the exam!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

why can't you go celebrate or something?
    just after your LC you want to cram?

Advertisement