Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

climbing gear

Options
  • 17-04-2008 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭

so im starting a new job and new to get a climbing harness where is the best place to get one in dublin.. and how much should a full harness be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Great Outdoors. Dunno how much it will be as its been a number of years since I bought one. Go for comfort over price though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Do you need a full body harness or just a sit harness?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

i bought a new wild country sit harnes in great outdoors in dublin before xmas and paid 90euro for it it very comfortable!!

if you have an mci card they will give you a 10% discount in there:D

also they have a rope coming down for the ceiling and they will hang you out of it to give you an idea of how comfortable the harness you are buying is. and the staff know what they are talking about in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

full harness... i need to hang out of trusses and things like that...

whats this mci card you talk about?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Is this for work or for recreation? If its the latter the you could still try Great Outdoors. If its the former then try one of the safety equipment companies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

I can wholeheartedly recommend a company called ISRT, out in Blanchardstown. Derek's the man you need to speak with - you'll find their number in the phone book. They're a heights/access training and equipment supplier - I've bought a load of gear off him over the last 12 months and he's never steered me wrong. I think something like the Petzl Navaho harness will be right up your street....

Advertisement