Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help finding out date of death.

Options
  • 17-04-2008 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭

Hey
    I hope this is the right forum, feel free to move if not.:)

I would like to find out where my Great Grandads grave is. I know it is in Glasnevin Cemetery and they have told me that they need his date of death in order to find it.

The problem is I dont have his date of Death, Or of birth, His name would be rare enough though, so does anyone have any suggestions on how I would track it down.

Please,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

try the births, deaths and marrige office . Number in phone book. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Thanks a million

I got speaking to a lovely guy in bd & m,

Anyhow he couldnt find the date of death cause they dont have the records on line from before 1920.

But Because I knew that my Great Grandad was alive in 1911 from the census, the lady in glasnevin ran a search and I have now found out where he is buried.

The guy in b,d & m was great, he got me the date my great grandad was born, cause I knew his age from 1911 census, where he was born. He also gave me my great great granny and granddads names. I was delighted.

Oh my god, I think I am addicted!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

You'll definitely get addicted! I've gone back to the early 1800s on my mother's father's, and husbands side of the family and have found the most unbelievable amount of info. The 1911 census is a great asst to people seaching for their roots. I can't wait until the rest of the country is online and then I can search other minor branches of the family.

Advertisement