Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EPT Final Amazing Poker

Options
  • 17-04-2008 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

Anyone thats into poker ...You should be watchin the EPT Final on

www.eptlive.com super poker . super players

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

Anyone thats into poker ...You should be watchin the EPT Final on

www.eptlive.com super poker . super players

I'd say anyone who reads your post will be in to Poker :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Poker without hole cards = dull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

Isaac Baron FTW. imo probably the best mtt'er in the world at the moment online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

cooker3 wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 belgo27

What happened to Esfandiari?, missed his exit hand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

belgo27 wrote: »
    What happened to Esfandiari?, missed his exit hand

Luca Pagano raised from the button with AJ and Esfandiari shoved with A8 , Pagano called and the AJ held

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

cooker3 wrote: »

I disagree. Not knowing what their holding makes it all the m,ore interesting, trying to figure out their holdings. We're spoiled lately seeing all the hole cards. Then its a case of "how could he play 10-J like that", or when somebody raises AJ and the bb has AQ, the commentators are saying "he's got to reraise with that", but thats only because the hole cards are known.

I like listening to the commentators when they dont have the advantage of knowing the hole cards.

BTW, what ya think of Luca Pagonos play with the KJ? He raised mp to 75k, blinds 12k-24k, Isaac Baron reraised in the BB to 235k. Pagano flat called the reraise out of a stack of 600k. Flop J-6-4 rainbow, Baron puts him all in, Pagona called. Baron shows AcKc, Pagano KdJd. Pagonos' hand held up, but wasn't the p/f call horrendous?

Connie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭davidgti

connie147 wrote: »
    I disagree. Not knowing what their holding makes it all the m,ore interesting, trying to figure out their holdings. We're spoiled lately seeing all the hole cards. Then its a case of "how could he play 10-J like that", or when somebody raises AJ and the bb has AQ, the commentators are saying "he's got to reraise with that", but thats only because the hole cards are known.

I like listening to the commentators when they dont have the advantage of knowing the hole cards.

BTW, what ya think of Luca Pagonos play with the KJ? He raised mp to 75k, blinds 12k-24k, Isaac Baron reraised in the BB to 235k. Pagano flat called the reraise out of a stack of 600k. Flop J-6-4 rainbow, Baron puts him all in, Pagona called. Baron shows AcKc, Pagano KdJd. Pagonos' hand held up, but wasn't the p/f call horrendous?

Connie

agree 100% well said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

No hole cards shown keeps you, as a viewer, involved in the hand right until the end.

When hole cards are shown, commentators can ruin it. "He'll fold here...he'll definitely reraise now...he'll flat call with with those in that position and if he doesn't he's this or that..."

More of this on tv please.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

Isaac Baron FTW. imo probably the best mtt'er in the world at the moment online.

Watched most of the coverage yesterday and today. Baron extremely impressive.

EDIT: Agree with the three previous posters too. Unknown hole cards = the nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Agree with the above, really enjoying this coverage, way better than the usual garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Russh

Yeah....very good viewing...And Denes doesn't look like a gimp....!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

connie147 wrote: »

Connie

Ya horrendous ... but it looked like he was getting bullied, he was reraised PF out of the previous pot and then came straight back out raising again in the next hand, Isaac (WestmenloAA) then asked how much he had left, I thought he asked kinda smugly before repopping again to 235k, Maybe ole Luca called outta frustration or maybe just to show the table he wouldn't be raised out of every pot. He got lucky on the flop an ddoubled through, but very lucky nonetheless

Edit. Now Isaac just threw it away with the 8 8

And well done on WSOP, just saw your thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

I like the coverage without the hole cams. Coverage like this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViHOhStm8dw is so much better than watching it with the cams in highlight form imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

quick HU

Advertisement