Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

slip on vans

Options
  • 17-04-2008 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭

i've been wearing regular skate shoe style vans for years, but i bought a pair of the old school slip ons
    Vans_Classic_SlipOn.jpg

i had to get a pair half a size biger than i usually wear, so i was wondering how does the elastic bits fare and will they loose their stretch after a short while as if this happens they'll be more loose. they're perfect at the moment but will they go arse ways soon?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Got a pair a size bigger one day cause they didnt have the style in my normal size, and tbh they lasted the longer than the normal size did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

i have a pair of em i got a year and a half ago. there well battered now but still comfy as fuch. they do loosen up a bit, but its not like i wear em doing exercise or anything, just strolling about

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

they do loosen up a bit but like they'll not fall off you or anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    i've been wearing regular skate shoe style vans for years, but i bought a pair of the old school slip ons
    Vans_Classic_SlipOn.jpg

i had to get a pair half a size biger than i usually wear, so i was wondering how does the elastic bits fare and will they loose their stretch after a short while as if this happens they'll be more loose. they're perfect at the moment but will they go arse ways soon?

most comfortable shoes i ever bought.i love them so much i even wore a pair to my debs with a suit.....

they do stretch a good bit over time.id say mine have maybe stretched from a 9(when i bought them) to about a 10 now.not too bad and still fit comfortably cause i bought them a bit on the small side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Best place to buy a pair like these?
    Schuh?

schuh dont do half sizes apparently, so i had to get a 10. i tried the 9, and while they fitted me they were very tight so i said i'd go with the 10 as i can actually slip them on and they're a better fit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Size 6 meself...Bet it would be nigh impossible to get them in that size.
    I'd order them online if I could. Any recommended sites guys?

Sorry to hi-jack there jizzlord

i'm sorted now
    you have my blessing........ size 6 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

The_Edge wrote: »
    Size 6 meself...Bet it would be nigh impossible to get them in that size.
    I'd order them online if I could. Any recommended sites guys?

Sorry to hi-jack there jizzlord

vans website or schuh.ie

both pretty good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

iv had mine a good bit and they're still ok! i love them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

I bought mine a good year ago in Schuh in Glasgow size 6. They were mad tight at the start but I just wore them for a few hours around the house untill they started to loosen. Seriously thee most comfortable shoes EVER :) Can't wait to save for a new pair.....being the broke student that I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Getting a pair of these now, seeing as everyone is saying they're so comfortable! Bidding on eBay so will know if I've got them in a few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

I got a pair a half size too small cuz they didn't have my size and I HAD to have them, got them about two or three years ago and they're still goin strong, don't wear em every day or anything though, plus they stretched out to fit perfect, got a new pair this year, in my proper size and they just feel weird cuz they're so big compared to my original pair...still breaking them in though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

does the vans website ship to ireland though, i didn't think it did?

they dont. i was on the site last week and it said they didnt do non us orders.

Advertisement