Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poly-Tunnel

Options
  • 17-04-2008 3:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

does anyone know where to buy Poly Tunnel kit, around 10 x 6 or so.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭denismac

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Hi

We bought one from:
    Simon Cummins Polytunnels, Campile, New Ross, Co. Wexford. [snip - whose phone number you can look up in the golden pages - Majd]

at a really good price (much cheaper than others) and were very very happy with their service.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭paddyenglishman

i bought mine from www.firsttunnels.co.uk also thetres a crowd caled Allens of allenbridge in newmarket co cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

There's a previous informative thread .

I followed the Omagh route for a 14' X 30'.

Haven't assembled yet, but pleased with service, price and quality of materials.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dublin2galway

i bought mine from www.firsttunnels.co.uk also thetres a crowd caled Allens of allenbridge in newmarket co cork

Was yours any good? I just bought one from them (waiting for it to arrive). Was it hard ot put up? Mine is 8*15.

Any tips? First time having a tunnel (never even had a greenhouse before!) so any advice is very very welcome.

Thanks
    D2G

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭paddyenglishman

The instruction needs a fair bit of reading . Its was relatively straightforward to erect , but really make sure you know what all the bits are first , mine had several storm braces missing
    .Take good care stretching the plastic out and tensioning it , i found on the second tunnel we erected using one handed g clamps a great benefit when doing the plastic round the doors ,used them to hold the batons in place before nailing them .Pilot drilling the self drill screws helps immensely . Its been a great investment but i realy wish i had put mine up as the second one and not the first . my friends one went up far better. Give me a shout if you get stuck and i'll offer vocal support if you need it .
    Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Glumpy

Never used them but this crowd are supposed to be good http://www.polydome.ie/.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dublin2galway

The instruction needs a fair bit of reading . Its was relatively straightforward to erect , but really make sure you know what all the bits are first , mine had several storm braces missing
    .Take good care stretching the plastic out and tensioning it , i found on the second tunnel we erected using one handed g clamps a great benefit when doing the plastic round the doors ,used them to hold the batons in place before nailing them .Pilot drilling the self drill screws helps immensely . Its been a great investment but i realy wish i had put mine up as the second one and not the first . my friends one went up far better. Give me a shout if you get stuck and i'll offer vocal support if you need it .
    Dave

Many thanks Dave. Will see how I get on...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Aeneas

Dave

I agree with the above. Erecting the metal framework is easy enough. But getting the plastic on is a bit tricky. My main advice for putting on the plastic is 1) wait for a calm day, 2) do the job when the sun is shining, 3) have two assistants, and 4) don't rush - take two days - put up the framework on day one and the plastic on the next calm sunny day. Almost any wind will make the job much more difficult as the wind catches the plastic and causes it to bellow. A sunny day will make it more pliable and easier to stretch. If you are burying the plastic in the ground make sure to dig your trenches clean and neat around the frame beforehand, and tension the plastic well before backfilling. Digging and filling the trench is not a job you want to do twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭hedgeh0g

• Advertisement
Advertisement