Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question about turtles..

Options
  • 17-04-2008 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hey all,
    Just got a turtle a few weeks ago. I'm quite pathetic and have decided he's lonely :o but I don't have room for two fully grown turtles (he's only about the size of a €2 coin at the moment but I mean when he gets bigger) so can't get another turtle for him for company.
    I was in that petshop on Parnell St and they had a turtle tank with a frog and some tiny fish (possibly minnows?) in with all the turtles.
    So I was wondering: Does anybody know of a kind of fish (or something else) that I could put in with the turtle, that he won't try to eat??
    I should have asked in the petshop what kind of fish those were but I only realised as we were leaving and had to catch train.. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

Any fish or other living things you put in the tank will be at risk. The turtle may not eat them straight away, but it is only a matter of time. Also, since turtles tend to be dirtier than fish, it's not really great for the fish. I know of several people who have insisted on keeping turtles in their fish tank with their fish, the turtles have never survived more than 3-4 years, most of them die after a few weeks or months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Joanne87

Realy? :( Ok, thanks for the warning! I'll leave him as he is so. :)

Joanne.

Advertisement