Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Route66 Chicago/Maxi/Mini

Options
  • 17-04-2008 12:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any of the Route66 sat navs? What do you think of it? Did you get the hands-free option?

I'm trying to decide between maybe the Chicago or Maxi and the Garmin 760.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Are Route66 slow to release updates? The Maxi and Mini are Q2 2007 now but didn't it take them a long time release the update. I still see the Chicago models with 2006 maps. Trying to decide between the Maxi and Nuvi 760.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭blobert

Don't think the Chicagos are for sale any more have been replaced by Mini/Maxi.

I have a Chicago 8000, it's pretty good but the Q2 2006 maps are showing their age.

An upgrade to Q2 2007 maps is finally available, it took a long long time to come available though.

Is Q2 2007 Navteq the most recent Navteq maps available does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

blobert wrote: »
    Don't think the Chicagos are for sale any more have been replaced by Mini/Maxi.

I have a Chicago 8000, it's pretty good but the Q2 2006 maps are showing their age.

An upgrade to Q2 2007 maps is finally available, it took a long long time to come available though.

Is Q2 2007 Navteq the most recent Navteq maps available does anyone know?
    I could be corrected but it's looks like Q2 2007 are the latest maps available, from Route66 anyway. The navteq site don't seem to sell updates.

I had route66 on an Airis and thought it was great.

What version of the software is on your Chicago?

Does it display the next two directions on screen?

Does it state how many turn-offs/streets before the one to take? The Garmins don't do this and it can be confusing when there are turn-offs close together. Did you get the blutooth/handsfree accessory?

Sorry for all the questions.

Advertisement