Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a vet in co.galway

Options
  • 16-04-2008 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

hey,can anyone give me a name and number for a vet that should be open saturday and sunday in loughrea,portumna area's??my bitch needs to be spayed and i'm trying to get it done this weekend,i've tried slattery in gort but he's closed sunday,any numbers or names would be a great help,cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Try contacting EGAR from this forum for those details, she should be able to point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

I don't think you will successfully find a vet that is open during the full weekend around Galway. Vets for pets are generally open during the week and might have an emergency system for the weekend - however, this kind of procedure might not be ranked as an emergency, plus they probably carry out this kind of operation on certain days of the week. Maybe you could get a friend to help dropping/collecting your dog during working hours ?
    Regards,
    ValerieR

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I doubt you will find a vet who spays/neuters on weekends, I am using vets in Loughrea and Portumna and both have set days for neutering. I usually have to book up to 2 weeks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Amimad

Try Jim Smith's Railway Vet, Station Rd L/rea 091841935.
    They are open Sat but I don't think they do surgery that day.
    I've been going to him for years now & i run the training classes at his clinic. He's great with dogs & all of mine love him, Meagan is also there & is a lovely Vet.
    Hope you find someone suitable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Is Meagan the Aussie? If so then no thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement