Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lapierre tecnic 700 Stolen

Options
  • 16-04-2008 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi there,

My bicycle was stolen friday 4 April 08 in front of O'Sheas pub, Clonskeagh Dublin 6.
    It is a White LAPIERRE mountain bike with front suspension and 21 shifts (shimano).
    The model is TECNIC 700. I am attaching a picture of it.
    Please, contact me if you see it in some second hand shop or in the streets. I am pretty sure that is one of the few (if not the only one) in Dublin.

Many thanks.

PS : If you find it, a recompense will offer to the finder.

arrow.gif Phone: 0858172549

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Just out of curiosity, how was it locked ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pacmanouf

With ABUS Lock-chain combo , model : Expedition-Chain 70/45/6 KS

link :
    http://www.abus.de/us/main.asp?ScreenLang=us&sid=5241815450008411704200885134196104&select=0104b02&artikel=4003318286797

It's not a very big lock but normally I never lock it outside. I locked it only 2 times outside and the third...stolen !

Dublin is a crazy city 4 bikes stolen in 7 months. The best way is to but good U-locks (more than 20€) and not locked it on bus post or small post.

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

That's rough alright, it's a fairly decent lock ! Sorry to hear it. Will keep an eye out. From the sounds of things it could be in Limerick/Cork/Galway by now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Might be worth checking to see if the pub has CCTV cameras covering the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

OP, did use to have the bike in UCD near teh campus book store? If so I know the bike your on about and will keep a lookout for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mucco

pacmanouf wrote: »
    Dublin is a crazy city 4 bikes stolen in 7 months.
    Maybe a lock for more than €20 is appropriate?
    I suggest at least €80 if you want some security.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pacmanouf

Might be worth checking to see if the pub has CCTV cameras covering the spot.

Hi SerialComplaint,

I already checked CCTV cameras but no one covered my bike when he was locked :(
    OP, did use to have the bike in UCD near teh campus book store? If so I know the bike your on about and will keep a lookout for it.

Hi neilled,

I'm working in HP (clonskeagh), close to UCD but I never been to the campus book store. As soon as you will see it again, text or phone me immediately, please. I will be there 2 min after.

My phone : 0858172549

Dont forget : "If you find it, a recompense will offer to the finder."

Thanks a lot

I know theres a La Pierre MTB (brand spanking new) that was around UCD for a while but i haven't seen it in the past week. I'll keep an eye out for it all the same. Sod the reward, i think we'd all rather see you get your bike back, loads of us have had them robbed or vandalised.

Bugger, there's also a similar looking Sunn somewhere as well, I'll need to double check.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

Mucco wrote: »
    Maybe a lock for more than €20 is appropriate?
    I suggest at least €80 if you want some security.

Here, come on, lay off. Of course stuff like this has already gone through his head ("wish I had a stronger lock/left it at home/locked it somewhere else" etc) but he's probably feeling lousy at the moment so lets just try and be supportive and do what positive small things we can to help him get his bike back.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mucco

flickerx wrote: »
    Here, come on, lay off. Of course stuff like this has already gone through his head ("wish I had a stronger lock/left it at home/locked it somewhere else" etc) but he's probably feeling lousy at the moment so lets just try and be supportive and do what positive small things we can to help him get his bike back.

Just pointing out that if the OP thinks a €20 lock is good (as suggested in post 3), he'll soon be losing his 5th bike. Cheap U-locks are easy to open with a car-jack or a lever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

nielled, that's definitely a Sunn you're thinking of and it was in its usual spot today.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Mucco wrote: »
    Just pointing out that if the OP thinks a €20 lock is good (as suggested in post 3), he'll soon be losing his 5th bike. Cheap U-locks are easy to open with a car-jack or a lever.

Definitely agree, seriously , spending €20 on a lock when you've had 4 stolen in 7 months?...time to buy a far far better lock/s.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

nielled, that's definitely a Sunn you're thinking of and it was in its usual spot today.

Yeah I stopped for a closer look today. Mind you, whoever rides it could do with putting a better lock on it, as could quite a few others.

OP : I will be keeping an eye out for the bike all the same, might suggest taking a spin around the windy arbour estates or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mja

Just saw the thread. No need to look locally. Bikes are taken out of the country in container loads and sold in Europe. Have you not wondered why so many bikes are stolen in Dublin and at the same time you cannot get any second-hand bikes in ireland? Gardai stopped one shipment some time ago, on the way to Holland.

Advertisement