Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boyi Scar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

wonder if the internals are new or they using a better set up like in the klash series ,ie nicer gear box and better rof
    rather than the old m series dboys

reinforced gearbox 7mm bearings just answered my own question :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

The m4 series has 7mm bushes, and is an ok gearbox.

I wonder if they have gone for metal bushes yet.

Apparently it has full trades, hopefully the externals are better than the m4's.

the klash is a big improvement over the m series so im hoping theyve done similar with this

Gatling wrote: »
    the klash is a big improvement over the m series so im hoping theyve done similar with this

Yeah the externals are much nicer, Id love to know if that translates to this though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

any idea on release date and or price?

• Advertisement

its released this week , price is going to be high for a dboys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

jeeze that doesnt look too bad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Had a bad experience with the JLS SCAR clone was very disappointed.

I'm sure there is a great demand for a decent SCAR clone but I'll probably save my money and go with a VFC or a G&G version. If I go mad altogether the Star FN Scar Light Deluxe with the EGLM. Need to rob a bank first though :rolleyes:

http://www.starairsoft.com/product_detail.php?productid=337

Edit: Just found this, looks like the Star SCAR-H worth it for the cheesy music.

dont mention that horrible jls again scatchy plastic and nasty internals,

though i am looking foreward to this version

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I like SCARS more evrytime i see em..Only a matter of time till buy one i guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Same here, just trying to save up for a VFC one!

Hey, and that music is just grroovy cats!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

wonder if the internals are new or they using a better set up like in the klash series ,ie nicer gear box and better rof
    rather than the old m series dboys

reinforced gearbox 7mm bearings just answered my own question :):):)

Id say they'll use the same internals as the usuall M series AEGs, which isnt bad at all really, dboys gears are pretty good even compared to some highends, the only thing that lets them down is plastic bushings but it doesnt look like that'll be a problem with this.,
    dont mention that horrible jls again scatchy plastic and nasty internals,

Nasty plastic, yes,
    nasty internals, not at all actually, it came with 6mm metal bushings and nice gears straight out of the box, the tappet plate was a pit cheapo looking though, i got one from tony earlier and spent a while upgrading it to 1J and fitting bearing bushings, high speed motor etc and its firing like a dream, the nasty plastic was taken care of too with the help of some nice desert tan paint.,:)

I think that dboys is now on my list of must haves now though, if its as nice as it looks in the picture.,

EDIT: it says "7mm bearings" on the box but so does most dboys stuff, id say they just give ya the exact gearbox from the M series AEGs.,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

hoplite wrote: »

I'm sure there is a great demand for a decent SCAR clone but I'll probably save my money and go with a VFC or a G&G version. If I go mad altogether the Star FN Scar Light Deluxe with the EGLM. Need to rob a bank first though :rolleyes:

Edit: Just found this, looks like the Star SCAR-H worth it for the cheesy music.

I too was a victim of the horrid JLS SCAR. I am only sorry I did not buy the Tan
    Colour instead of the Black. I dont have a Tan coloured AEG.

The Video posted is enough to make me want to buy a more expensive
    one purely on the grounds of the coolness factor of being able to strip
    it like that!!

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

its fugly with that nade launcher tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

weeder wrote: »
    its fugly with that nade launcher tbh

You think ? I think its the only way a Scar looks decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

Who carved up the cricket bat and painted it tan? - Oh sorry, my mistake. It's a SCAR.....

Shiva wrote: »
    You think ? I think its the only way a Scar looks decent.

I like the eglm too.

more scar goodness prices around e81 in china,liking the battery compartment under the cheek rest,

boyi_scar_details_1704.jpg

At first I thought the EGLM looked fugly too, but I've done a u-turn and now I like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

hoplite wrote: »

I want one!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Info on the STAR SCAR seems to be thin on the ground but I found a good thread on Airsoft Canada. Compares the VFC and STAR.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=54981

The OP has both and claims to have bought the STAR so he could put the EGLM on his VFC SCAR :eek:

Pros for the STAR seem to be disassembly, quick barrel change and a quick spring change not too disimilar to that of the M249 which is a feature I would like as I am useless at mechbox disassembly.

Cons seem to be the weight its a lot heavier than the VFC not including the EGLM! The finish and tightness of the VFC is also superior according to the OP.

Mind you the OP is obviously a crazy man. $800 just to get an EGLM for his VFC! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Available from rsov.com on April 31st according to airsoft-news.eu

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Oooh mamma!! end of April..ummmm.:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

SCAR.jpg

See above "initial pellet speed = 85ms-105ms"

So its safely under the limit or a bit over:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Hmmmm... guess we'll have to wait and see what the results are like when they come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Lads,
    Just an fyi but RSOV have 10 in stock atm,
    Introductory Sales ... Good deal will not last long ...
    works out about €83 + delivery + customs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

See above "initial pellet speed = 85ms-105ms"

So its safely under the limit or a bit over:confused:

That's meaningless with a DBoys lately, to be honest. I've seen DBoys M4s with a spec of 100 M/S shooting at 400 FPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

The ones that RSOV are selling are pre-production models ;) No release date released from factory yet.

Really wouldn't advise buying them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

well if its anything like their ak's i would be very impressed. one of the chaps at the gathering let me use his dboys ak for a couple of minutes and it was an amazing piece for the price.

i have the g&g one...and i actually think dboys have a better solution for the battery even tho the g&g one is dead easy to change.

Advertisement