Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeling Zitty!

Options
  • 16-04-2008 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there, for the past year i have started to get really sore hard spots between my eyebrows. they never come to a head but are very sore to touch and look unsightly. I do not know why they just started to appear. Possible hormone changes?!? (I am in my very late 30ies now) can any one give me advice on how to treat them or avoid them. I am currently using tea tree oil. But it seems as one clears up another one appears. I have 3 whoppers at the moment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

try panoxl, you can get it in the chemist, they have two different ones a 5 and a 10, the ten is really really strong, would advise using the 5 !

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

This might be a stupid question but what are your water intake levels like?

Panoxyl is good but is quite hard to get makeup to look right over it. It's also more of an acne cure than individual spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

My water intake is very good really. I would average about 1.5l a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Well apparently we don't need loads of litres of water a day anyway because you get it indirectly from other food and drink. So I doubt it has an effect on skin/spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Yeah Panoxyl is good, but like alot of Spot creams it can make your Skin VERY dry which just adds to the misery if you wear make up. the make up will go all flaky around it and it'll make you just as paranoid.

Are they just in the one area on your face??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yeah they are really confined to the brow between the eyes area. I have a cream called Retin-a which is on prescription for acne but I am reluctant to use it on the spots as I am not sure what the out come would be , as in how long I would have to endure the flakey skin before the sdesired effect. I actually got the cream for soley cosmetic reasons as it is the only scientifically proven cream to reduce fine lines. As far as I know it makes the skin very dry and flakey. Which in turn reveals new skin underneath which is not as creased!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

Do you get your eybrows waxed?

Advertisement