Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back of shoe digging into my heel

Options
  • 16-04-2008 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Every pair of runners i ever had always dig into the back of my heel. The fabric tears in the back, and the plastic inside cracks. When I flex the foot, the plastic digs into the heel of my foot, which kills me. I have often came out with a bleeding heel where it was to painful to do my daily walk. Would this be to do with the make of runners?. I have been going with nike and fila for years. Do they all do this? Are there any runners that doesn't?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

I thought it might be something to do with the size of the shoe. Im a 7 and a half in mens. And i can never find a 7 and a half shoe. I went for a 7 and it happened. Then i went for an 8, but then i looked like a clown in an 8 and it still happened. And when i found a 7 and a half shoe i bought it regardless of how it looked, it was just my size and its happening again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,440 ✭✭✭✭ted1

open the laces when puttign them on/off.

buy better quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Tie the laces up properly, so that they are a snug-tight fit to your foot, this should prevent your foot slipping out of the back of them. Iv near good things about new balance runners so maybe you could try them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭goodlad

lisajane wrote: »
    Every pair of runners i ever had always dig into the back of my heel. The fabric tears in the back, and the plastic inside cracks. When I flex the foot, the plastic digs into the heel of my foot, which kills me. I have often came out with a bleeding heel where it was to painful to do my daily walk. Would this be to do with the make of runners?. I have been going with nike and fila for years. Do they all do this? Are there any runners that doesn't?

No every make doesnt do it :eek:
    I wear DVS and they are super comfortable. Never had any crap with em like digging into my heels or anything. Only advice i can give is but a different make than you currently buy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭AlexBM

Yes, maybe you should go with a different brand. I wear Etnies and have never had that problem, personally. I have a pair of Gola runners that don't do it either, although I'm sure it depends on your feet. Make sure you're getting the right size - you probably are already doing that, but it's worth trying a few different ones too, as people's sizes can be different in runners than shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Electric

This happens to me too. I've tried different makes and different sizes (I take a half size in shoes and runners). I find that I need to put plasters on the back of my heels to stop the runners rubbing the skin off. But once the runners have been broken in a bit they don't cut any more

Advertisement