Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borrowing a chrono

Options
  • 16-04-2008 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

I'm due to do some tweaking on my AEGs either this week or next week. However, my budget isn't going to handle a chrono right now, especially since after my adjustments I'm not going to need it for quite a while. And they're hard enough to get a hold of at any rate right now. I need my instant gratification - I know, I know, cry me a river.

Is there any kind-hearted soul who'd be willing to lend me a chrono for a couple of nights? I can collect and deliver, though I'm sure only the guys who've met me are willing to take the risk ;)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

i dont have a chrono yet myself, but i will say kev is a decent fella and "shouldnt" rob ya., :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

where in Dublin do you live?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

I'm on the Navan road, just outside Cabra. I have a car, so I'm mobile... I'm pretty close to Eirsoft actually, but I figured if that if I keep barging in on Tony to get chronoed then my welcome's going to wear pretty thin ;)

Thanks for the character reference, vtec!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

kevteljeur wrote: »
    I but I figured if that if I keep barging in on Tony to get chronoed then my welcome's going to wear pretty thin ;)

Never ! :)

Drop in with your gun anytime if you need it chronoed, and you dont get a loaner. Just make sure you cover it up well while transporting it ;)

• Advertisement

Shiva wrote: »
    Never ! :)

Drop in with your gun anytime if you need it chronoed, and you dont get a loaner. Just make sure you cover it up well while transporting it ;)

Thanks Tony, you're a star! I was kidding (slightly) - but if I called over 5 times in an afternoon after slight tweaks then the novelty would wear off for both of us pretty quick :D But I might take you up on that offer while I still have free time...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Actually, KD I might need a lend over a few nights or a day, I have 3 aegs to put springs in, and I'm unsure of the spring tensions etc and the variances with longer tighter barrels and good air sealing.

I can meet you wherever suits ye, in city centre or where you are based, a chrono is easier to transport via bus than 3 aegs for me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Thanks Tony, you're a star! I was kidding (slightly) - but if I called over 5 times in an afternoon after slight tweaks then the novelty would wear off for both of us pretty quick :D But I might take you up on that offer while I still have free time...

Its no trouble - you'd be doing the chronoing yourself :p

And you never know, we might need someone to run out for coffee now and again....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Motosam wrote: »
    Actually, KD I might need a lend over a few nights or a day, I have 3 aegs to put springs in, and I'm unsure of the spring tensions etc and the variances with longer tighter barrels and good air sealing.

I can meet you wherever suits ye, in city centre or where you are based, a chrono is easier to transport via bus than 3 aegs for me:D

yea, no bother, gimme a PM and i'll see what I can do :)

you can use a pc with a microphone to chrono aswell you know, there's two methods, one is this:
    http://www.airsoftpacific.com/viewtopic.php?t=9153&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

and the other (better imo) is at :

http://www.seattleairsoft.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=15&page=0

but the second site is down at the moment

kdouglas wrote: »
    yea, no bother, gimme a PM and i'll see what I can do :)

you can use a pc with a microphone to chrono aswell you know, there's two methods, one is this:
    http://www.airsoftpacific.com/viewtopic.php?t=9153&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

and the other (better imo) is at :

http://www.seattleairsoft.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=15&page=0

but the second site is down at the moment

Wow. That is interesting. I'll have to give that a try, though I'd be concerned that the results would be slightly inaccurate.

• Advertisement

Shiva wrote: »
    Its no trouble - you'd be doing the chronoing yourself :p

And you never know, we might need someone to run out for coffee now and again....

Well, if you are game, I'll happily bring a supply of coffee and cookies (or whatever else you want) for you chaps in return for some chrono time...

kdouglas wrote: »

I tried this today; probably because of the acoustics in my apartment, it didn't really give me the accuracy I need. The theory is good but there are two flies in the ointment here, the first being the need for good acoustics and the second being velocity fall-off (it's covered in that thread, but it's not what I'd call an exact science in circumstances like these). The problem was where to read from in the waveform; each AEG makes a different sound, and part of the waveform is clearly extraneous.

From what I've heard about the second technique, it's more involved but more accurate. Maybe too involved for me, because it requires some setting up, from what little I know of it.

I'll have to try it again soon. In the meantime, I settled for having Richie help me do it at Eirsoft, where everybody knows my name. I hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭BFSL

Drop out to the shop KEV and we will lend you a crono, but bring some ID, is that fair?.

That sounds good, Derek - thanks! Should be ok for now though, the AEGs I was concerned about are safely under the limit which was my biggest concern... But I know you guys know my name too, and I'll be counting on that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭BFSL

That sounds good, Derek - thanks! Should be ok for now though, the AEGs I was concerned about are safely under the limit which was my biggest concern... But I know you guys know my name too, and I'll be counting on that :D

no problem, it's there if you need it.:)

Advertisement