Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Rates

Options
  • 15-04-2008 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what the standard rate is for using the internet on your phone with Meteor.

I went on it when I first got the phone to see what it was like and I found that it cost me about €4 for 30 seconds!

I've looked around the metoer sites but I can't really find an answer.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

€4.92 per mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Yeah meteor need to cop on to themselves. Can't even check football scores anymore cos it costs €2 a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

towel401 wrote: »
    €4.92 per mb.

Thanks.

Do you know if there is anyway you can turn off images to reduce the amount you have to download?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Thanks.

Do you know if there is anyway you can turn off images to reduce the amount you have to download?

on my phone there is anyway. i think there is on most phones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

This rate only applys to access through the ISP access point I believe. Otherwise it's 3c per KB.

As for turning off images and reducing the amount of data you download - depends on the phone. Try www.operamini.com - this will reduce costs a lot (in my experience).

++ Edit

See here for the rates on the Meteor website (on prepay).
    2c per KB on standard WAP. This is charged per KB.
    €4.92 per MB using ISP. This is charged per KB at 0.0048c per KB.

See here for settings for the ISP access point if you decide to use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭long_b

You may need to call them before you use the ISP settings. They may have to turn something on in your account.

Opera mini is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

long_b wrote: »
    You may need to call them before you use the ISP settings. They may have to turn something on in your account.

Opera mini is fantastic.

yes you will have to call them. and insist that all you want is for them to activate it on your account. it might be best to say you want your "account provisioned on the HLR for ISP".

HLR stands for home location register and is basically a database of users and what they're allowed access. saying that will hopefully make it clear that sending settings to your phone and telling you how to do something on a laptop won't help you and they need to do something at their end

Advertisement