Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker dome tonight

Options
  • 15-04-2008 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

Was watching poker dome there on Sky Sports.

Pre flop

2 players got pairs of eights.

One pair, heart and diamond.
    The other club and spade.

Another player was in with other cards.

Odds on the red pair was 20% while the odds on the black pair was 22%.

Cannot work out why the odds would have been different.

Any help???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Flipper

The third player obv had a heart/diamond, diamond/diamond or heart/heart hand therefore reducing the chances of the 8h8d hand making a flush... i assume i'm right anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Peter B

Flipper wrote: »
    The third player obv had a heart/diamond, diamond/diamond or heart/heart hand therefore reducing the chances of the 8h8d hand making a flush... i assume i'm right anyway...

Think the third hand was a red Jack and a black Ace (not sure what suits).

Could it be down to the guy with the 2 red 8s had less chance of getting a run as the 3rd player had a red jack???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

i dont know but this to be the worst pokershow on tv flipper is probably right though

chips1234 wrote: »
    this has to be the worst pokershow on tv

QFT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

prob take into account all mucked hole cards so if there were mere red cards mucked black eights have >equity

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭smoothcall

pretty sure this is due to the fact that puppy feet are better at 4 card flushs. (ie been clubbed to death)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

The real question here is why you were watching it in the first place...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Slash/ED wrote: »
    The real question here is why you were watching it in the first place...

+1

i think havent even been able to watch long enough to see 2-3 hands play out its that tilting

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

it's a terrible show but soemtimes I still find myself watching & shouting at the tv at some of the hands played - it's like driving pasta bad accident,you just can'thelp but slowdown and have a look see

When it got to heads,one of the guys cursed and was given a 5 minute time penalty in which he lost not only the chip lead but shed loads of chips pretty much crippling him. He's back at the table for about 4-5 hands when he does it again and is ruledout of the tournament as another time penaltywill blind him out :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Lao Lao wrote: »
    it's a terrible show but soemtimes I still find myself watching & shouting at the tv at some of the hands played - it's like driving pasta bad accident,you just can'thelp but slowdown and have a look see

When it got to heads,one of the guys cursed and was given a 5 minute time penalty in which he lost not only the chip lead but shed loads of chips pretty much crippling him. He's back at the table for about 4-5 hands when he does it again and is ruledout of the tournament as another time penaltywill blind him out :eek:

what a idiot !! Happy he loses, he cant even stick by not swearing rule,happdned twice donk .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

It is statistically proved that spades and clubs come down more often that hearts and diamond...this is due to the fact that people prefer to play black cards rather than red cards, so because most of players folded the hand you can expect that they had mostly red cards, therefore leaving more black cards in the deck and giving the player with 8c 8s more chances for a flush :D ...... :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

worst show ever. worse than that celebrity one.

Whenever theres a round of applause after some blind steal I die a little inside

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Fcukin **** ******* ***** **** *** morons

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Yeah watched that drizzle last night..Well i had it on in the background to be more accurate and listened up when youre man let out a swear!

He had something like a 200k to 100k chip lead with blinds at 4k/8k and he lost 96k during the 5 minute penalty for swearing,,Very annoying was the TD putting out the expelled players blinds and also picking up his cards and looking at them..

So your man gets back so a couple of hands in, he swears again and this time the TD says he's disqualified as he would have been blinded out.

The program, play, audience and commentary is so bad on the program, really really dreadful program!

Advertisement