Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop Up Advertising

Options
  • 15-04-2008 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I own an internet cafe in the midlands and I was thinking about selling advertising to local businesses in the form of pop up's on my PC's. Now, the plan would be to lower my rates to €1.50 per hour in exchange for the customer viewing a 10 second pop up's every 10 minutes or so.

Now, does anyone have any ideas on how I can go about doing this and what is the best software to use. Any help would be appreicaited.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

As a matter of interest, how long does a typical customer use a PC in your Cafe. The reason I ask is that perhaps every 10 minutes is a bit too frequent and may become annoying (just a thought). Perhaps a better option would be to have a situation where a person must view the advertisements as the log on process occurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

If I was using your cafe, and you displayed pop up ads while I was surfing, it would be the last time I'd be using your service.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Moonstar

I don't think forced-viewing advertisement schemes generally work in low volumes, unless you find some niche advertisers in your local area.

I think your best bet if you are doing something like this would be to display small banner ads in a toolbar on the screen. However, they would need to be relevant to the users of your cafe.

I've seen this setup occasionally in other net cafes, and while annoying, is a lot better than popups.

Advertisement