Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what .223

Options
  • 15-04-2008 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭

looking for a new rifle in 223 for mostly foxes what would you reconmend, any views on the sako 85 hunter thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

looking for a new rifle in 223 for mostly foxes what would you reconmend, any views on the sako 85 hunter thanks

Have a sako 75 myself in 223 and 243 great rifles-think about a fast twist in the 223 like a 1;8 in case you ever decide to shoot targets-youll still be able to use the lighter bullets too, my buddy uses a sako 85 in 22-250, its a real tack driver.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

The Savage Arms stuff seems to be very good quality too. The money's not outlandish either. Have to say, was poking around their site a while back and there were a lot of nice rifles. The Sako's look fantastic too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭pestshooter7

Remington Varmint selection!
    Cant go wrong there either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭meathshooter

Remington Varmint selection!
    Cant go wrong there either!
    I have one in 243 vls find it very good
    want to try some thing different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭meathshooter

Have a sako 75 myself in 223 and 243 great rifles-think about a fast twist in the 223 like a 1;8 in case you ever decide to shoot targets-youll still be able to use the lighter bullets too, my buddy uses a sako 85 in 22-250, its a real tack driver.;)
    I like 22-250 great round if reloading comes legal would consider that round,find 223 cheaper ,any idea what price the sako is

• Advertisement

I like 22-250 great round if reloading comes legal would consider that round,find 223 cheaper ,any idea what price the sako is

if my memory serves me right it was around 1600 euro, ring your gun dealer for best price;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

The Tikka T3 Tactical would be a good one if your gonna spend that sort of money, comes factory threaded, adjustable cheek plate, picatinny rails and some, a couple of lads on here have one, I have the T3 lite which suits me better as i walk alot and wont be shooting targets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Lads I'd have to say the CZ 527 Kevlar varmint . Good price , set trigger , 1 in 8 twist, designed with a reduced size action to suit the caliber so its lighter and easier to handle( great for walking with even with a lamp on top) , medium to heavy barrel, HS Precision stock with alloy bedding block, metal 5 round mag. ,mauser style action , accurate, tried and tested WHAT MORE could any want??? :D:D:D PS mine is for sale anyone interested :o;)

Lads I'd have to say the CZ 527 Kevlar varmint . Good price , set trigger , 1 in 8 twist, designed with a reduced size action to suit the caliber so its lighter and easier to handle( great for walking with even with a lamp on top) , medium to heavy barrel, HS Precision stock with alloy bedding block, metal 5 round mag. ,mauser style action , accurate, tried and tested WHAT MORE could any want??? :D:D:D PS mine is for sale anyone interested :o;)

jeez if its that good why are you sellin?:D:D:D

jeez if its that good why are you sellin?:D:D:D
    Skint, made redundant and clearing out a few guns. just keep'in one rifle and one shotgun.

• Advertisement

Skint, made redundant and clearing out a few guns. just keep'in one rifle and one shotgun.

ah well keep your chin up;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

What a bummer.................... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

I would sell my granny before i sold any of my firearms unless i was upgrading:D

I would sell my granny before i sold any of my firearms unless i was upgrading:D

Normally me to, that's why I ended up with a collection of them but both me Granny s are dead 20 years so I don't suppose anyone one s interested in buying her ???:eek: Hey that's around the time I took up shoot'n .:eek::eek: OOOOPPPS:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

sick puppy:eek::D:D

Advertisement