Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD with Integrated PVR but DIGITAL tuners?

Options
  • 15-04-2008 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm researching tvs at the moment and am going a bit goggle-eyed with the number of models out there. One that has caught my attention, however, is this one, and LG 32" with an integrated 160Gb dvr:
    http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/736010/art/lg/32lt75-lcd-television.html
    I figure it'd ne nice and neat on the wall without the need for shelves for any other equipment.

However, as I'm currently only on analogue NTL, is this pointless, as there's only 1 analogue tuner - the 2 digital tuners would be useless - and I couldn't watch one channel while recording another?

Also, if I diddecide to go digital, say with NTL, would I need 2 set-top boxes to feed the signal to the 2 digital tuners, or would I then be able to record one and watch another with only the basic, single settop box?

thanks,
    Steve.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

p15574 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm researching tvs at the moment and am going a bit goggle-eyed with the number of models out there. One that has caught my attention, however, is this one, and LG 32" with an integrated 160Gb dvr:
    http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/736010/art/lg/32lt75-lcd-television.html
    I figure it'd ne nice and neat on the wall without the need for shelves for any other equipment.

However, as I'm currently only on analogue NTL, is this pointless, as there's only 1 analogue tuner - the 2 digital tuners would be useless - and I couldn't watch one channel while recording another?

Also, if I diddecide to go digital, say with NTL, would I need 2 set-top boxes to feed the signal to the 2 digital tuners, or would I then be able to record one and watch another with only the basic, single settop box?

thanks,
    Steve.

No. The digital tuners are designed to pick up Digital Terrestrial broadcasting (which possibly might be available as trial in your area or if you can get the NI signal for BBC). They are not compatible with NTL digital.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭p15574

OK, thanks. I knew they'd pick up DTT alright, but wasn't aware they couldn't record an input digital signal.

Advertisement