Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting an apprenticeship of sorts.

Options
  • 15-04-2008 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

I’m hopefully going to be starting a tattoo artist apprenticeship soon (not sure if I’ll get the job but just planning ahead if I do).

Anyway, pay will be absolute crap for the first while. A good bit less than the dole I think.
    I’m just wondering what, if any, financial assistance I might be able to received from the social welfare? I’m 22 and don’t live with my parent’s either.

I’ve started a temp financial job about a month ago (it’s a four month contract) and up until this I was on the dole for about 6 months. Never had so much trouble getting a job in my life but luckily enough I’ve gotten one thank God. I just have a feeling that the social welfare won’t look too kindly on a guy who has only just signed off the dole and who now is planning to leave a job which he’s only been in a month.

Do I have any options?

Advertisement