Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are three due any new phones any time soon?

Options
  • 15-04-2008 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,706 ✭✭✭✭

im due an upgrade, just want something decent to sell on to make a few quid, im using an n82 at the moment, they have nothing to touch it :rolleyes:

current phones are utter tripe tho, whats the story!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I've an upgrade due. Been waiting a couple months now. CS says they do not have any information on any upcoming phones, however one did tell me that they were having software issues with the N95 8GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

I've an upgrade due. Been waiting a couple months now. CS says they do not have any information on any upcoming phones, however one did tell me that they were having software issues with the N95 8GB.

In otherwords they've not cleared their backstock of n95's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

neilled wrote: »
    In otherwords they've not cleared their backstock of n95's.

Can anyone tell me why there has never been a N95 on their website? Ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,706 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

yeah whats the story with that, dopes in india havent a notion either!

Cyrus wrote: »
    yeah whats the story with that, dopes in india havent a notion either!
    When I was due for an upgrade last year, they rang me but this year a mate of mine only got an e-mail? Strange stuff? Also is the LG Viewty still available?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

gpjordanf1 wrote: »

It was on the site for awhile, it was removed in February. see this post http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055242761

Its not on there now because of the same reason as the W880i is described as being x-series and when you go to activate add ons for a customer through the dealer portal it gives you tue option of giving the customer a "walled garden" add on. In other words sheer incompetence.

I believe that the n95 was on their website when it was initially released and removed latter, just like the viewty which has trickled back into stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Well the N95 is technically still on the website ala

http://www.three.ie/handsets_new/postpay-mobiles-nokia-n95-overview.htm

Last update the 6th Feb.

Well the N95 is technically still on the website ala

http://www.three.ie/handsets_new/postpay-mobiles-nokia-n95-overview.htm

Last update the 6th Feb.

I stand corrected!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Hmmmm, interesting that the n95 8GB is somewhere in the pipeline - anyone in the know from 3 got any wisdom to impart on this as I'm also due an upgrade...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

I had my upgrade in january, went for a nokia 6500s, brill camera and the likes

While its no N95 in terms of power I love it.

I find it funny how every time I get a upgrade 3 reduce my bill by 10% every month and give me a free 3pay sim with €20 (or maybe its €10) free credit.

Have recieved my upgrade notification today - N95 is still there on the upgrade section of the website. I'm getting the same deal as one of the flex 350 customers. That makes the handset €349

• Registered Users Posts: 19,706 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

you can get it sim free for that :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭ptashek

When I was due for an upgrade last year, they rang me but this year a mate of mine only got an e-mail? Strange stuff? Also is the LG Viewty still available?

It is, but do yourself a favor and don't buy it - the battery life is a joke, far worse than a N95! I was able to get max. 8 hours out of it by doing pretty much nothing with the phone.

It's a great looking phone, with a lot of usable features, plus a fairly nice (but hardly configurable!) interface, yet the power management and power consumption are just beyond comment.

I went with a SE W910i, and can highly recommend it. Not as feature rich as the Viewty (I don't need a 5MP camera or 120fps/divx video in my phone anyway!), but still reliable and very energy efficient: I'm getting up-to 40 hours on a single charge, in normal [web/gsm/email/walkman/radio] use.

ptashek wrote: »
    It is, but do yourself a favor and don't buy it - the battery life is a joke, far worse than a N95! I was able to get max. 8 hours out of it by doing pretty much nothing with the phone.

It's a great looking phone, with a lot of usable features, plus a fairly nice (but hardly configurable!) interface, yet the power management and power consumption are just beyond comment.

I went with a SE W910i, and can highly recommend it. Not as feature rich as the Viewty (I don't need a 5MP camera or 120fps/divx video in my phone anyway!), but still reliable and very energy efficient: I'm getting up-to 40 hours on a single charge, in normal [web/gsm/email/walkman/radio] use.

Cheers, thanks for the info

Dont know what to do now, viewty power hungry & N95 8GB not available & N95 costing €349 (Crazy) might be time to move then?
    Its a shame as I've been with 3 since they launched and have honestly been very happy with them, have had problems with handsets but have been resolved quickly, and they have very keenly priced packages.

Oh well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭ptashek

Cheers, thanks for the info

Dont know what to do now, viewty power hungry & N95 8GB not available & N95 costing €349 (Crazy) might be time to move then?
    Its a shame as I've been with 3 since they launched and have honestly been very happy with them, have had problems with handsets but have been resolved quickly, and they have very keenly priced packages.

Oh well!

I've just seen an add in a local Vodafone shop - "N95 8GB - half price". That would be around €230 on the lowest pay montly package AFAIR.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

ptashek wrote: »
    I've just seen an add in a local Vodafone shop - "N95 8GB - half price". That would be around €230 on the lowest pay montly package AFAIR.

mate of mine got it for €199 his contract was up for renewal

Yes, it does seem rather bizzare, three's handset prices seem to have crept up whilst everyone else has improved their tarrifs and offerings. €179-149 for an SEW910i? On contract? They can sod off with that, i won't be buying any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 tdkeaveny

exactly. i joined three for there data bundle and the naive thought that since its a "3G only" network i would get all the latest and greatest phones as upgrades.

Since i joined i think they have gotten in one new high end phone, the n95, and that was 6 months after it came out.

i ended up buying a Palm Treo 750 on ebay for €220 and have it on WM 6,1 and am a happy camper, but come on three get with the program.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭real_484

I rang CS to get a release date for the N95 8gb as it appears to be on every network in Ireland now and i assume the exclusive righted vodafone had were over. I wanted to see when it would be released or when the N96 would appear. I was sure CS would enlighten me. They could not give me a date. Three have better tariffs than the rest but really don't give a sh*t about the Irish market with regards to handsets, it is just too small. i am very tempted to swop over to another network until three get there act together.

• Advertisement
Advertisement