Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Puppy

Options
  • 14-04-2008 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, I am looking to get a new puppy in the next few weeks. It will be a pug, has anyone got any tips, advice etc?

Also, I am hoping to get a dog flap for the sliding glass door at the back garden, does anyone know were the best place is to get them and any glaziers as well?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭creme egg

Hi Davey180.

We got a pug about 6 months ago.
    The only things I would say to you, would be the same for any puppy. You need really to be with them during the day, as for the first while they need to be fed three times a day. Our puppy is still being fed three times a day now, though we will change this to two soon. The breeder you are getting your pug from should give you advise on how to care for them too. From my own experience, and what I have been told, I would not feed them pedigree chum and the likes. Buy a good quality pet food from your vet or pet shop. I give our dog dry food with some chicken and once a week we give him mackrel / sardines (in oil)
    Try not to spoil them with food at all, as they are really prone to weight gain.
    We never feed our dog from the table or give him scraps from our plate.
    We weigh out his food every day, and would give him maybe 3 treats a week (a tubo, or puppy markie) Also they need a walk every day too.
    Best of luck with the dog, they are gorgeous and you will have a great time.

creme egg wrote: »
    Hi Davey180.

The only things I would say to you, would be the same for any puppy. You need really to be with them during the day, as for the first while they need to be fed three times a day. Our puppy is still being fed three times a day now, though we will change this to two soon. The breeder you are getting your pug from should give you advise on how to care for them too. From my own experience, and what I have been told, I would not feed them pedigree chum and the likes. Buy a good quality pet food from your vet or pet shop. I give our dog dry food with some chicken and once a week we give him mackrel / sardines (in oil)
    Try not to spoil them with food at all, as they are really prone to weight gain.
    We weigh out his food every day, and would give him maybe 3 treats a week (a tubo, or puppy markie) Also they need a walk every day too.
    im not the op on this post and thanks for the tip as i dont have pugs the op is DELBOY21
    i have a staffordshire and a bulldog so i aready know how to feed my dogs thanks.Think about where ye are posting in the future thanks.

davey180 wrote: »
    Think about where ye are posting in the future thanks.

It was clearly a genuine mistake, I did not do it to rile you, no need to be like that!!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

It was clearly a genuine mistake, I did not do it to rile you, no need to be like that!!!! :rolleyes:

Yeah, bit of an overreaction there methinks!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Good work creme egg,

Would love to see a picture of your dog!

Hey Killme00 (double check I got that right... phew)

(thanks btw)

I would love to send a pic. tried to do it yesterday on thread about pet pics, but It would not attach for some reason. I know there is another way that you can attach a pic something like but can't remember exactly how to do it.

creme egg

just re-read my post and it did not like something there, I wanted to say that to put a pic in it was something like "bracket / IMO bracket" but my previous post did not include brackets, so had to write them in instead.

ok mountain out of a mole hill there creme egg.

so why did you post me this
    Originally Posted by creme egg viewpost.gif
    Hi Davey180.

it should have been for DELBOY21
    as i only gave delboy21 links for dog flaps!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

davey180 wrote: »
    so why did you post me this

it should have been for DELBOY21
    as i only gave delboy21 links for dog flaps!

They've already said it was a mistake. Move on. It's no big deal.

• Advertisement

javaboy wrote: »
    They've already said it was a mistake. Move on. It's no big deal.
    sure thing no probs javaboy;)

Advertisement