Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of patios/paving/cobblelock

Options
  • 14-04-2008 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at getting approx half of my back garden paved over. It works out about 7metres * 5 metres. Ground is reasonably level and presently has grass. I'm trying to come up with a budget and wanted to bounce it off a few people.

Cobblelock looks to be the nicest option but I think the most expensive, my preferred route is to have a cobblelock circle effect spreading out from the centre into two patio areas. I'd also like to get a couple of raised flower beds at either end of the patio. Not too big.

Am I better off just getting it all done with paving slabs?

Do colours etc have a big impact on price?

I want to do this as a job for life and to set the back garden off from the rest of the houses as they've all gone for decking.

I'm thinking about 3,500 as my budget, maybe up to 4,000 for something really good. Am I over spending or on track?

thanks.

Advertisement