Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

make it stop...

Options
  • 14-04-2008 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

hi, my name is Audiumata, I'm a level 15 warlock...my owner won't stop playing me...all i want is a few hours off...it's like he's addicted...quest after quest...duel after duel...all i want is to sit by a cosy campfire and sing warlock songs...

Anyone elses owners finding that they don't get a seconds peace?

oh my god...WoW is by far the most ridiclously addictive past-time I've ever experienced...

help me...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

U have no idea how bad it will get lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Just wait until you get to Outland... It brings on a whole new level of addictiveness then:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

tman wrote: »
    Just wait until you get to Outland... It brings on a whole new level of addictiveness then:o
    please don't say this, for i shall find myself without home...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Hi my name is Kayos, its been 6months since my last WoW fix. Caolan my Shaman is now gathering dust on the server, dont even know where I left him funny feeling it was near Dr Boom...

Run away now while you have the chance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Wreck wrote: »
    U have no idea how bad it will get lol

Understatement if i ever seen one. I found the addiction worse when i play pvp. I managed to hit the HP cap of 74k on friday night by playing from 5pm to 8am :(

DAMN AV WEEKENDS ! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The game really only starts when you hit 70 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭nicryan

the worst thing is that I've actually managed to give up the game on 4 different occasions...the longest absense being about 5 months. And as soon as I logged back in I had 2 friends who I leveled with whisper me and invite me into their raiding guild :P

Nic
    -Monkair (Laughing skull-EU Horde)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Hi my name is Ronan and I am a Rogue ;) I didnt play WOW since the end of 2005 and just reinstalled it last night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭nicryan

welcome back...and hard luck...you nearly made it.

-Nic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

It's not that hard to give up, just don't become attached to a guild.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

You think you have it bad? I'm a Level 70 Rogue who's been kept chained up in an alien infested Shattrath City for months because my owner got a new pet. Another captive told me that it's a Level 70 Shaman - maybe he could come and free me? But no - now my owner has got bored of shamaning and has a warlock pet. Will this ever end?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭wb

Why? Why? Why? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Started a Rogue there recently & been playin non stop every night when get home from work :rolleyes: Level 40 just reached and in LFG Maraudon came up. Thought get a group here & do a quick run about 10 or 11 last night. Lasted till the server was shut down about 3 last night & me aggroin too many mobs at stages causin a wipe and few near wipes :eek: Should maybe stick till Uldaman for a few more levels & get those boots I wanted :rolleyes:

Level 63 Warlock is sittin about hoping that I'll jump back over to it someday :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've also started a Rogue, and i'm really enjoying it. Its kind of brought me back to the early days of Warcraft, where everything is enjoyable (except the ****ing lvl?? pally who kept ganking me :mad:). Things just seem to die as soon as i get to them. Its such a nice chance from my Pally, who takes an age to kill anything (even with decent gear). I cant wait to get him to a higher level, and gear him out in all Pvp gear.

For rogues, is a sword spec with combat talents the best way to level? I started as a dagger rogue, but changed once i got much better swords. The only bad thing is that i cant do a backstab so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

No expert on the rogue but seen ppl say combat is the best way to level then rejig talents once reach 70. Was using sword OH & Dagger MH, but now got 2 good swords & Daggers bit "not so good" , so usin 2 swords atm :rolleyes: Check out offical rogue forums & the suggest some builds

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lanfear

I'm the same - installed the game 6 weeks ago and just unable to keep away from it. Joined a guild for a week but left as a lot of them were kids and most others were not on my wavelength. Play with the same person I met on week 2 quite a bit and solo the rest of the time. Trying to level my pally at the moment in Un'goro, have a mixed spec at the moment, mostly holy, will probably respec at 58 to holy in preparation for the outlands.

My Nightelf huntress is my favorite character though. ;)

The mage is the char I started with as I always played a mage in Baldurs gate, Neverwinter nights etc and a 'blademage' in Oblivion. I was very disappointed not to be able to create an elven mage though.

I think the whole interaction with other players has added a gigantic dimension to my gaming that I was not prepared for, it's really addictive.

Everything but work and sleep has been sacrificed, and the sleep also at times, but hey, with the advent of the good weather it may tempt me away from the pc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=f0eboLZMhEz0VzxMGotx

Depending on your level, Vanquishers Sword from RFK and Sword of Omen from SM. Thrash Blade from Mauradon...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

sword of omen is easy enough to get and will do you for a good few levels.

great sword.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Lanfear wrote: »
    I'm the same - installed the game 6 weeks ago and just unable to keep away from it. Joined a guild for a week but left as a lot of them were kids and most others were not on my wavelength. Play with the same person I met on week 2 quite a bit and solo the rest of the time. Trying to level my pally at the moment in Un'goro, have a mixed spec at the moment, mostly holy, will probably respec at 58 to holy in preparation for the outlands.

My Nightelf huntress is my favorite character though. ;)

The mage is the char I started with as I always played a mage in Baldurs gate, Neverwinter nights etc and a 'blademage' in Oblivion. I was very disappointed not to be able to create an elven mage though.

I think the whole interaction with other players has added a gigantic dimension to my gaming that I was not prepared for, it's really addictive.

Everything but work and sleep has been sacrificed, and the sleep also at times, but hey, with the advent of the good weather it may tempt me away from the pc.

Wait till you start phoning in sick to work. It happens to everyone. I know of a bloke who lost his job, house, missus and kid because of this game... Makes you think if its worth it at times.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Lanfear wrote:
    I was very disappointed not to be able to create an elven mage though.

BE mage, no?
    If you're playing ally, no wonder you are surrounded by kids ;)

I quite liked mage/cleric in BG2... which I suppose is why my mains are a mage and priest :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Berns wrote: »
    No expert on the rogue but seen ppl say combat is the best way to level then rejig talents once reach 70.

It is now. My first toon was a rogue - pre-1.4 she was Subtlety. Great for stealthing around the place with some points in Ass for extra dps - excellent for questing and in low end raids. Then they got rid of improved sap and made it a class trait. Once they did that the subtlety tree became irrelevant. My rogue is now combat dagger. She's been sitting in Shatt for months now - retired but still cooking for my Shaman :D

[edit]Here's her tree. If you're sword or fist then ditch those points in Opportunity as they're purely dagger talents.

bluewolf wrote: »
    BE mage, no?
    If you're playing ally, no wonder you are surrounded by kids ;)

I quite liked mage/cleric in BG2... which I suppose is why my mains are a mage and priest :pac:

Have a BE Warlock -level 9 ;))

Ally are not all kids, I've found a few decent players - but I take your point. ;)

1 tauren and 2 different Orc chars saved my pally from certain death from mobs so far, which I found to be really nice - honour amongst soldiers type of thing. :p

When I have my pally levelled to 70 (53 now!) I will decide whether to level my NE or BE - or maybe do both in tandem.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is there any benefit to a specific weapon spec? I've specced swords as i happened to pick up some good swords, but for later levels, is there any benefit to maces/fist/daggers? Having backstab with daggers is hany, but i cant do that with swords (can i do it with fists?). Also, i know there arent many pre-70 fist weapons, but are they any good later?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

the pvp fist ones are nice.

i love seeing rogues with the 70 pvp 1h maces... somethin about it looks class imo, looks different.

Lanfear wrote: »
    Have a BE Warlock -level 9 ;))

Ally are not all kids, I've found a few decent players - but I take your point. ;)

1 tauren and 2 different Orc chars saved my pally from certain death from mobs so far, which I found to be really nice - honour amongst soldiers type of thing. :p

When I have my pally levelled to 70 (53 now!) I will decide whether to level my NE or BE - or maybe do both in tandem.

Pally is levelled to 62 now (almost 63), have epic mount which is great :D
    NE Hunter is 31 and been doing a bit on the BE lock too, shes 20, joined a horde guild the other day. Bit weird being in two guilds on the same server, but I'm hoping I can keep up with both and it won't come to a choice between them. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Anti wrote: »
    Wait till you start phoning in sick to work. It happens to everyone. I know of a bloke who lost his job, house, missus and kid because of this game... Makes you think if its worth it at times.
    lol what a retard.

Advertisement