Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPS Issue

Options
  • 14-04-2008 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else get massive FPS drop when leaving Shatt to go to Terrokar Forest?
    Just as the name terrokar appears on screen my FPs drops from 60-100 to 6.

I'm 64 and I want to be 70.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Ive never never noticed the issue before, and im currently playing on a fairly ****ty pc with a nvidia 7800gt and 2gb ram and a c2d E6600. Have you tried reinstalling newer graphics card drivers ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Should be the opposite way around really... I occasionally have some FPS issues inside Shatt, but as soon as I leave the FPS will shoot back up to whatever my refresh rate is set to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Keep in mind I'll be getting my actual computer back in a few days and everything will be hunky dory. This is the family one and I needs my fix.
    Anti:
    The newest.

Anyone experience noticeable FPS drop with Bongos2 or Atlas & Loot Enhanced or anyother addons.
    I've disabled most of them at one time or another to see how it goes, but the FPS still stays down.

What are the specs of the pc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

dont know about that but we fps-lagged to hell on illidan since the patch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

im usin bongos and atlas and since patch everytime i log in or portal to somehwere i get like 5 or 6 seconds of screen freeze. dunno whats causing it..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Questhelper does seem to give me a few second delay when i portal into a new area. But thats just the quests/routes loading. Doent happen when walking/flying between areas though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

This PC is pretty decent:
    Intel Duo 2.66GHz
    2GB DDR2 RAM
    Radeon X1550 256MB
    Windows XP Home 5.1 (Automatic updates are on)

It'll play CS:S and other games like that fine.

Spec is more then enough for wow. Try getting rid of all the addons and see if it makes any difference. Also, ive noticed sound drivers can sometimes mess with my fps in some games, so might be worth updating the drivers for that too.

Advertisement