Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 new phone and sim- problems

Options
  • 14-04-2008 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

Ok i changed over to o2 experience with free txts from o2 pay monthly. I got a new sim from the o2 store and order a new phone from ebay. I tried to register for free credit because they said you are eligable for free credit when you get a new sim but was told i'm not eligable.
    So i topped up by €20 as required. I had to pay for the txts for the first 24 hours but after that they were free-- all good
    I tried to download a €5 game from sony ericsson website. but the site was down so i tried going to download it through the net on my fone. I found the site and game easy enough, clicked to download and was out of the net in about 5 minutes. When i checked my credit afterwards, i was shocked to see that they had taken over €10. €5 was taken for the game but what happened to the other €5? Does 5 minutes on the net really cost €5? To make matters worse, the i never received the game even though it was supposed to be compatible with my phone.
    Things went from bad to worse. With only €7.10 credit left, i stayed away from the internet and phone calls. I was only using my free txts. I later checked my credit again and it had dropped to €6.35 for no reason. Last night i left it dropped from €6.35 to €4.10, I didnt make a phone call. I didnt send a picture msg, i didnt go on the net. I checked my details on the o2 site to see what was going on, and they were charging me 25c for some sms. Why would that be?
    If anyone can help me with any of this i'd really appreciate it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Charges for net access on O2 Experience are 1c per KB, so that might help explain that charge. Have you been sending MMS messages?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Charges for net access on O2 Experience are 1c per KB, so that might help explain that charge. Have you been sending MMS messages?
    I sent one mms. Thats all. I saw that stated on the call list as 25c

MMS messages are not part of the free text bundle, according to the Experience homepage.

MMS messages are not part of the free text bundle, according to the Experience homepage.
    Yes but as i said i only sent one mms so that only accounts for 25c

Did you send the message to more than one person?

• Advertisement

Did you send the message to more than one person?
    No only one. I saw it on the calls list. 1 mms. 25c. The mms is not the problem. Its the credit going down for no reason and some SMS on the calls list charged as 25c when they should be free

Well in that case I would contact O2 customer support and see what they have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

you could be subscribed to a premium sms service too, it should tell you exactly how much everything is costing on the call list online, its the texts dont have a charge beside them then they're being rated free as they should

krudler wrote: »
    you could be subscribed to a premium sms service too, it should tell you exactly how much everything is costing on the call list online, its the texts dont have a charge beside them then they're being rated free as they should

most of them are listed as free but some are at 25c. As i mentioned above.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This post has been deleted.

not sure if i read on here but i think i heard using the 086 prefix rather than using the +35386 as it might see it as international....could be bull tho not sure

davton wrote: »
    not sure if i read on here but i think i heard using the 086 prefix rather than using the +35386 as it might see it as international....could be bull tho not sure

I just checked the call list and it is the ones that dont have the +353 before them that cost 25c:eek:. But i still dont understand coz i wasnt typing in the numbers i was just replying so i dont know why sometimes the 353 came up and sometimes it didnt

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

phi3 wrote: »
    I just checked the call list and it is the ones that dont have the +353 before them that cost 25c:eek:. But i still dont understand coz i wasnt typing in the numbers i was just replying so i dont know why sometimes the 353 came up and sometimes it didnt

think customer care is the only way to go then... they are normally pretty good, should be able to clear it up

Anyone know whether i can claim any free credit, after getting a new sim from o2. And a new sim-free fone that i bought on the net?

Advertisement