Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brands

Options
  • 14-04-2008 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

What's the story with the different brands of airsoft guns?

Are there any that people would reccomend? And are there any that people would avoid?
    Can anybody tell me anything about Marushin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

should be in the questions thread, but anyway marushin are supposed to be good, they do the GBB mp5k which is very nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

It depends what kind of gun your after, Marushin make some good ones and a few bad ones if i remeber right. Tokyo Mauri have alot of fans for their AEGS, but ive never liked their efforts at making pistols. They also seem hell bent on making everything out of plastic.
    The only companies id avoid would be WE (because of a faulty pistol which took way to long to get fixed), Bell and Well.
    What type of gun are you after and how much are you looking to spend?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Clones, everyone loves jing gong and dboys lately, dboys for the latest aks, jing gong for their newest hk416 and g36 series.

Anything around the 300€ mark is a high end brand and usually good anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Motosam wrote: »
    Anything around the 300€ mark is a high end brand and usually good anyway.

but dont be fooled into thinking the more you spend the better you get, :)
    CA seem to be letting it slip lately, its almost become a weekly thing where i see a gearbox failure of some sort or another in HRTA, on sat there was a guy with a new CA armalite and it tappet plate had broken, possibly the spring since ive seen that on 2 other CA AEGs lately. the spur gears dont seem to be holding up either my bro's sportline lost one tooth on the spur gear on saturday, then it went on to chew the piston.

id reccomend other brands like G&G myself. my M4 has never even hicup'ed on me and its used every week for the last 4 or 5 months. CA SL8 on the other had, the piston head came off in the first few mins of using it, then fixed that and it chewed the teeth off the piston., which reminds me, bastids in ehobby still havent shipped my parts.,:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,695 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

kinkstr wrote: »
    It depends what kind of gun your after

Sums it all up really.

The thing to do is to find out which brand does the particular AEG you're after the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Sorry about it being in the wrong forum folks.

Ok, so I have a TM P90TR and so the plastic thing doesn't bother me since p90s are supposed to be light weight.
    But this query is entirely related to a sidearm.
    Up untill last night I was trying to decide between a Glock or a Baretta.
    Glocks are pretty awesome pistols but the metal and weight of a Baretta is appealing, plus I understand it can pack quite a punch.
    But then I was browsing through IAS and saw that they have a FN Five seveN...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_seven

The pistol created to be the side arm of a p90 user. Even though there are no reviews and I have untill now, had no background info on Marushin, this has still thrown a spanner into the works of an already difficult decision.

So long story short....Fie seveN, Glock or Baretta?

Oh and thanks for all the input folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

The 5-7 is allegedly terrible, i'd go glock myself

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

It has a lower mag capacity than the real steel too, so thats no fun.

I can pop 7 bbs or 15 into my 1911 or m9 if ever I want to do a milsim game.

Ok, my research is also pointing me in the direction of thr Five seveN not being as hot a I'd hoped.

Thanks folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

The Glock G17 3rd gen is probably my next pistol. From what i've read and from what ppl have told me you can't go far wrong with it. http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=48&category_id=21&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26 Following that i'd like to get the high capa 4.3: http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=144&category_id=21&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26 Both are Tokyo Marui. Mail the retailers directly for advice; the lads at Airsoft Éire are very approachable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Id go for a metal slide Glock if i were you, especially if you intend on using green gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

you can use green gas/propane just fine in a plastic slide glock, but the metal ones are just so much more satisfying to shoot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Can't beat racking the slide on a full metal GBB, heavenly...

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

Avoid the WE Hi-Capa 5.1K like the plague. I have one that gave me nothing but trouble since 12 hours after buying it :mad:.
    The KJW M9 is good and their Sig 226 if you don't mind the loose slide.
    Full metal is the way to go IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

TM glock 17, plastic slide can use Green gas safely, fine piece.....metal slides are cool to, they defo need green gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Kristov

i recently bought myself the KWA M1911a1 with magnesium slide .
    so far ive had zero trouble with the KWA m1911 its a helluva lot more efficent on gas than other 1911s around three mags worth on one fill .
    its got an exelent feel and weight distibution only thing missing is trades on the slide there are some markings on the body but nothing much .
    the body is abs but its a very good finish and hard to tell its abs .

its an exelent gun for the price 109 from MIA and have no problem reccomending it .

ive also got the KWA G17 and the KSC G18c full auto pistol which i would also reccomend both available from MIA at very good prices

both are as good on gas as the m1911a1 around three mags on one fill .
    but i rekon its more accurate the either of the glocks and shoots further before the bbs start to drop .

hope this helps

Well thanks for tall the input folks.
    Thus far the metal slide is really getting my attention so I think I'll go for a Baretta instead of a Glock. Since I have a P90 I think I have the light weight matter cornered.

Advertisement