Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe to buy Sunglasses on ebay

Options
  • 13-04-2008 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I wanna buy new shades and willing to pay for ones that I know for sure offer proper UV protection. Was thinking about buying on line though. Anyone have an opinion on whether or not you might end up with counterfiet shades if you buy on ebay that don't offer proper protection??

Can optometrists check a pair of sunglasses to see if they have proper UV protection/ see if they're prescription or not??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

I've bought a few pairs from this crowd on ebay and they were fine:
    http://stores.ebay.com/COOL-VISION-EYEWEAR-TIMEPIECES
    Plus the exchange rate is damn fine at the moment :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 mattyboy20

90% of stuff sold on ebay is counterfeit-there is no way in hell you will get the real deal.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

mattyboy20 wrote: »
    90% of stuff sold on ebay is counterfeit-there is no way in hell you will get the real deal.

95.6% of statistics are made up.

I've never bought sunglasses from eBay, but I have bought other things that have been genuine. Buy from a powerseller with 99% or higher feedback and you should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Morbid.Angel

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

Lot of money for shades alright but the exchange rate is great at the moment.
    I'm able to (through connections :)) get sports gear in Ireland at trade price but it was still cheaper for me to buy a pair of sports shades on ebay from america.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Morbid.Angel

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement