Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spooks Code-9

Options
  • 13-04-2008 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭

Is the Spooks spinoff code-9 coming to BBC3 in May? I hope its as good as its parent show:) Plot:
    The series begins in 2013 (just after the 2012 Summer Olympics), when London has been evacuated in the wake of a nuclear bomb. Thames House has been decommissioned, and MI5 is forced to set up offices across the UK in an attempt to help Britain avoid new attacks.

The team is led by experienced spook Hannah (Joanne Froggatt, Life On Mars) and consists of mathematician and problem solver Charlie (Liam Boyle, Drop Dead Gorgeous), ex-police officer Rachel (Ruta Gedmintas, The Tudors) and Jez (Heshima Thompson, Prime Suspect: The Final Act) a former criminal gone straight. The new office is rounded out by Vik (Christopher Simpson, Brick Lane), junior doctor Rob (Andrew Knott, The History Boys) and Kylie (Georgia Moffett, Doctor Who), a psychology student who has just returned from her gap year.

Sounds good. And Spooks in Autumn-ish?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Didn't know about this, sounds great...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Have heard little bits about this now and then, it was going to be called Rogue Spooks or Liberty or something - is Code 9 definite?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Yep I think so

Nevermind it looks awful! You'd hardly know it was Spooks:(:(:(:(

August 10 @9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I'll give it a go but think it is fair to say it should not be compared to Spooks.

Can't wait for new series of Spooks to come back, best thing on tv imo.

• Advertisement

Should have called it Spooks: The Dawsons Creek Years, or Spooks: OC
    How old were those actors?

I'll check it out anyway.

Hardly a great way to advertise a new show?
    Forcing a person who doesn't drink much to drink 3 shots? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I caught the trailer on the box last week and can only hope this gets no further than BBC3. Or maybe Cbbc.

Mike.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

That's a spoof trailer right? Please tell me it is...

I'm halfway through Season 4 of "Spooks" and I'm hoping the quality of that ad isn't indicative of a future drop in quality.

I suspect the real thing will still be big-budget goodness. With proper actors and a script.

Mike

Just a reminder bump.... this starts tonight at 9 on BBC3 with a double episode.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Just a reminder bump.... this starts tonight at 9 on BBC3 with a double episode.
    Any idea if this will spoil 'Spooks' at all? It doesn't seem so from the premise but I am 2.5 seasons behind the parent show.

Doubt it... its set in 2013, so its a whole new cast.
    Spooks Season 6 (the most recent one) was pretty self contained too, so I doubt there'll be any crossover.

Anyone know if this will hit BBC 1/2 soon? I dont have BBC 3:(

I can't take the risk - I won't be watching until I've caught up with Spooks. I'm too afraid one of the teeny-bop casts will pipe up, "Why that's like when my uncle Tom was beheaded on that mission in 2008!" Or somesuch.

I'll stash it away until I'm uptodate. Besides I'm pretty sure I'm in a better position with having lots of the parent series rather than the Hollyoaks version. I noticed the second episode is about hacking - the parent show's hacking episodes are silly enough, I can't imagine what these might be like!

I wonder are they showing double episodes cos they know its ****e and want to get it done and out the way PDQ.

Mike.

Its not bad actually. The whole idea that terrorists are getting younger (so we need a new breed of spooks) is a bit lame, but the show is interesting enough and has the same production values as its parent show.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I was kind of looking forward to this being a big Spooks fan. Turned it off after about 15 minutes. The premise of the show is contrived, I thought the acting and script was pretty poor. Proper Spooks please BBC or GTFO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭40coats

Watched the first one, worst thing I've seen in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

having watched the first 2 episodes i doubt i'll bother with any more, more like James Bond Jnr. than spooks. Can't take a 12 year old M15 agent seriously for some reason, the script is pretty crap, the grown up head of M15 "acts" as though having constipation is the key to the role, the blonde totty is ok, but the action is woeful and there are a load of silly errors, like when the 2 girls in episode 2 are drinking red wine.. that looks like tea (maybe thy're not really old enough to drink?) , a 15 year old international mercenary hitman , yeah right.. a train station evacuation procedure that leads to a dead end? very likely etc etc.

Poo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

It reminds me a bit of Dark Angel (which I loved) a bit.. but having watched the first episode of this I'm not rushing to watch the second (or second half) episode even though it's sat here in front of me.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Jesus, that looks bad.

Great - the comments range from "its not bad" (at best) to "worst thing I've seen in years". And yet I know I'll be obsessively compelled to watch it once I catch up with the main show. Given the main show's quality, I know my heart will be broken...

Complete aside, but I just watched the S4 finale and there's a comment about how a hacker got into the system in the '90s and one goes "you mean that 9-year old?" Was it just me, or was the show ripping the piss out of itself and its previous use of teenage hackers? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

I saw a couple of episodes on Tuesday. It was like 80s kids' TV or something. Not great at all. Why bother?

Liked the blonde chick though - she was hawt.

Yeah its weird.... like a kids version of Spooks, but with swearing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Given the age of the stars, they should have called it "Spots - Code 9".

I'm still compelled to watch the rest of it, hoping that it will improve with age.:o

Just finished episode 3. Still pretty watchable, without being mindblowing (saw the Zero thing coming a mile off). I think I'll stick with it to see where it goes.

WOW episode 5 and 6 were really good! I quite like the show now and I hope it comes back for a season 2:) Not a bad cliffhanger!

Yeah I agree. Episodes 5 and 6 made sitting through the first 4 worth it.

5 was a great (but wholly predictable) bank siege (with a great prison storyline on the side) and episode 6 was what it was all building up to (and didn't disappoint). Not much of a cliffhanger when you think about it, though.... if it goes the wrong way, there is no season 2! :)

How were ratings overall I wonder? Was there enough interest to justify a second series? I think having it on BBC3 definitely hurt it.

When is season 7 of Spooks starting? Last year it was October...

From a bit of googling, Rupert Penry-Jones and Peter Firth were interviewed recently and said it was back at the end of September.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    From a bit of googling, Rupert Penry-Jones and Peter Firth were interviewed recently and said it was back at the end of September.
    Good to hear. I've only one episode now left of 'Spooks' and I'll be ready for season 7. That was some bit of catch up I've played over the Summer :)

Advertisement