Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Oral!!!

Options
  • 13-04-2008 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Hey!
    My oral is monday and i serouisly need help on what sort of topics and things to know well!!
    Hpoing for a good mark!!:o
    Please help!!!:(:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

oh wow
    well ur screwed

know urself, family, house, area, school. at least one past time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 tex mexx

i have mine on Thursday and i have a similar problem of not knowing what to prepare. i do know that you should know -
    "myself"
    family
    my House
    daily routine
    school(incl. subjects)
    next year/weekend
    last year/weekend
    your town/area
    holidays
    conditional,e.g if you won the lotto
    social problems,e.g. drugs or alcohol
    pastimes(incl. sport, music and tv)
    what you want to do next year after school

also if you can throw in a subjunctive or two you will make a good impression.

i realize that this is common sense but just tryin to help :)

also if you goin in thinking that "your skrewed" then you not gonna do good, i know its tomorrow but with an oral a few hours work can make a BIG difference! good luck with it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

Its meant to be a conversation right? Chill! Dont prepare much.. dont learn off stuff you probably wont use it. Best of luck to anyone still to do it!
    I had mine on Monday but woke up with Tonsillitis...what a balls. Bloody pain in the ass.
    Have to do it tomorrow in the other local secondary school - bleugh. Do you think the examiner will ask me about the tonsillitis ( un mal a la gorge , is it? ) or is that against the rule book..lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

daggy wrote: »
    Its meant to be a conversation right? Chill! Dont prepare much.. dont learn off stuff you probably wont use it. Best of luck to anyone still to do it!
    I had mine on Monday but woke up with Tonsillitis...what a balls. Bloody pain in the ass.
    Have to do it tomorrow in the other local secondary school - bleugh. Do you think the examiner will ask me about the tonsillitis ( un mal a la gorge , is it? ) or is that against the rule book..lol.

i had something similar for my Irish oral. Very funny story actually. The night before my irish oral i knew i was getting a sore throat. So i took half a lemon, some honey and half a clove of garlic. That apparently gets rid of of an oncoming sore throat. the morning of my orals i woke up feeling a bit better but still with a sore throat so i took more lemon and more garlic. Then i realised i was gonna be late so i left and had to run for the Dart. I ran so fast and i all i had for breakfast was the garlic and lemon. So when i got to the Dart station I threw up everywhere in front of a load of people! lol. It was really embarrassing. Then i had to get onto a crowded dart, smelling of puke and garlic. It was disgusting. I still managed to get my self cleaned up before my oral. And... my sore throat went away! :D

lol that is very funny! I guess i cant complain since the glandular fever results came back negative-phew thank god!

it must be awesome to go to school via Dart...instead of field bound rickety rusty buses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Oh right,
    Leaving Cert French Oral.

I thought it was about something totally different.
    How immature of me.

well whatever did you think it was about?

...tut
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

huh? i don't get you?

:pac:100th POST! woo:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭dip

Have something prepared on
    • Your Document
    • Your age/birthday/presents
    • Description of your personality
    • Family - siblings, their jobs, do you get on well with them..
    • Area - facilities, problems
    • School - physical description, favourite subjects, being a Prefect, school rules, teachers, the school uniform, what you would do if you were Principal, the Pre-Leaving exams, Transition Year
    • Sport
    • Music - favourite band/singer/album, a concert that you went to
    • Tv - favourite programme/series, the last film that you saw
    • Problems in society: Drugs, traffic, racism, alcohol, AIDS, immigration, the education system
    • France - a holiday to france, cultural differences between France and Ireland, the school system in France
    • What you did last weekend, last summer, during the Easter holidays
    • Your daily routine
    • What you will do this summer (mention holiday with friends, the Debs)
    • Your boyfriend/girlfriend
    • Part time job - work description, advantages and disadvantages
    • The future - college course, future job, difference between life at home and life in college

Bon chance!

humm.. had mine today. Voice sounded so funny! my accent was so doughy...gay.
    She was absolutely lovey really. Gave me hints pointing at her shirt when she asked me about school rules then it hit me "AH OUI NOTRE UNIFORM!" lol.
    then she kinda pushed me a bit and asked if i agreed with the CAO system and if it judged candidates fairly. i was stumped...
    nice girl though. ah well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement