Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N73 Updated Firmware = Phone Bricked

Options
  • 13-04-2008 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Greetings all,updated the firmware on my N73 last night as i have done numerous times before,about 5 minutes into the installation of the software the program froze at 15% so i left it for 2 hours but it was still stuck at 15%. I then shut down the program and the result of all this is that when i try to start my phone i get the message "Phone start-up failed.Contact the retailer." I went onto the Nokia forum and went through the suggestions that were listed;

1. Uninstall/Reinstall the Nokia PC Suite software.

2.Reset the phone using the * and 3 and green key.

3.Removed the 2 gigs of Mini SD memory.

All to no avail,I would be grateful if anyone had any suggestions to get me out of this one

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

try reflash the phone with NSU

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭joeali101

thanks for your reply dano2k.tried that already,my big problem is that the phone doesn't even show up in windows (vista32 btw) when i plug it into the usb port

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

joeali101 wrote: »
    thanks for your reply dano2k.tried that already,my big problem is that the phone doesn't even show up in windows (vista32 btw) when i plug it into the usb port

that's possibly because there's nothing left on your phone to tell vista what it is - in idiot's terms... So it's not installing/activating the proper drivers! (yeah yeah, they came with the pc suite when you reinstalled it, but they wont fully install until you connect the phone... And your phone is obviously not recognised because the update worked long enough to clean it proper...)

hmmmm....
    Seems like voodoo, but can you borrow an n73 and connect that to your pc???
    Or see in services if you can start the drivers... (happy hunting)
    well, sorry, but have no other idea (similar thing happened with my n770...had to send it back to expansys who send it back to pokia, who had to give me a new one...)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭joeali101

unfortunately strecker i don't know anyone else with an n73

took it down to the vodafone shop today getting sent back,i was a bit disappointed that they didn't have a loner.anybody know how long these repairs take to resolve?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

joeali101 wrote: »
    unfortunately strecker i don't know anyone else with an n73

took it down to the vodafone shop today getting sent back,i was a bit disappointed that they didn't have a loner.anybody know how long these repairs take to resolve?

Hm... 2 weeks-ish? Surprised they couldnt give you a loan. Tssk

• Advertisement
Advertisement