Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soggy phone

Options
  • 13-04-2008 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

ok, so I'm in a spot of bother at the minute.

last night I was at a party with some mates, we all had a few drinks and to cut a long story short I ended up being thrown into a shallow fish pond face-first.

my phone was in my pocket, it's a Nokia 6280 on 3pay, and now it's completely banjaxed because of the water. it smells like melted plastic because I tried to turn the phone on and the water fried the electrics.

the main questions I have here are can I use my SIM in another phone? will the SIM be messed up because of the water?

also I'm an absolute n00b with phones so is there anyway I can get my 3pay SIM working in a locked Nokia 6080? it's locked to 02 by the way and the IMEI is 355505011315677!?

I'll be getting a new phone soon anyway so it's not a huge problem but I'm looking for a job at the minute and don't want to be missing calls from possible employers.

all help greatly appreciated, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

a 3 sim will only work in a 3g phone so it won't work in the 6080. your sim could be damaged and it's possible it could damage a new phone if you put it in it so you should go to a 3 store and ask for a replacement sim with your number on it. it should be free but 3 customer care are so bad they randomly decide they want to charge for them every now and then.

if you want to unlock the 6080, enter this code: #pw+915522237367636+7#

but your 3 sim still won't work in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

So you're 6280 is bust. Grand so.

Yes, you can use your SIM in another phone.

SIM should not be too messed up but would be worth replacing it just in case.

Your 3pay SIM won't work in an O2 locked phone, but get your 6080 unlocked here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=304061 and it'll work grand (just won't have any internet or 3G features).

Hope that helps.

++ Edit - Vimes posted as I was typing - your Nokia 6080 WILL work with your 3pay SIM. I've just tried it!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

ok, will try that now and get back to ye. cheers for the fast responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

sound as a pound. got it working. thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

random wrote: »
    Your 3pay SIM won't work in an O2 locked phone, but get your 6080 unlocked here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=304061 and it'll work grand (just won't have any internet or 3G features).

getting a 3 sim working in a 2g phone is very hit and miss. 90% of the time it'll just say sim rejected or insert sim and even when it does work, you won't get coverage in lots of places where they only have 3g coverage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Hit and miss you say? I just manually selected Vodafone in the network list and it's working fine.

If you have other experience of it then fine though :)

Advertisement