Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hair mascara

Options
  • 13-04-2008 10:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

hi

ive a few grey hairs growing at the front and have a lot of allergies so thought id try hair mascara to cover them. ive tried boots and cant find any. anyone know where i can find some?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭emmagean

maryjane1 wrote: »
    hi

ive a few grey hairs growing at the front and have a lot of allergies so thought id try hair mascara to cover them. ive tried boots and cant find any. anyone know where i can find some?

thanks

i did post this site in the sticky

www.cosmeticsathome.com

they seem to have some hair mascara by loreal. havent tried them or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

i have got to say i tried using a hair mascara for covering grey & it did not work at all !
    paid 10-15 euro for it & it was a complete waste of money, no coverage at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

You'd be better off trying Bumble & Bumble coloured hair powder than some gunky hair mascara (I remember getting purple dior stuff in 1999).

Bumble & Bumble do powders for black, brunette and blonde hair - it's dry shampoo with a lovely smell and the added benefit of covering roots or grey hair.

Beware though - it doesn't come cheap. You can get it in that Blu Eru place in Dublin or www.hqhair.com

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

you could try the naturaltint hair dyes they sell in the health stores they are good for people with allergies as its all narural ingredients ive heard good reports about them.

aveda do a range of colour condtioners too and that might cover the grey for you if its only a small bit. v natural ingredients and they are available on hqhair website too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 maria

you could try the naturaltint hair dyes they sell in the health stores they are good for people with allergies as its all narural ingredients ive heard good reports about them.

aveda do a range of colour condtioners too and that might cover the grey for you if its only a small bit. v natural ingredients and they are available on hqhair website too.

this is a good suggestion as there is less chemicals in 'natural' hair dyes. However, for most part they do have a few chemicals in them, so be sure to do a strand test first as with all hair dyes.
    as far as i know the only all natural hair dye is henna, but it doesn't cover grey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭maryjane1

thanks for all the tips and suggestions. ill have a think about which to go for : )

Advertisement