Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where on earth is your spiritual home?

Options
  • 13-04-2008 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

This question perplexes me completely. I know I must belong somewhere, but I can't figure out where.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I've heard of something called wanderlust, where people feel like you do, constantly travelling from place to place but never feeling at home anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

What's the opposite, where you feel at home everywhere? Cause that's me :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I suggest you try the spirituality forum Affable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Affable

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I suggest you try the spirituality forum Affable.

Ah thanks didn't know there was one. Can the mods move the thread?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from after hours.

• Advertisement

Thanks.
    Moved from after hours.

Lovely Leitrim or Manhattan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

Affable wrote: »
    This question perplexes me completely. I know I must belong somewhere, but I can't figure out where.

No matter where you go - you take yourself with you. It's not a question of place, it's an inside job.

If I might say so, you're exactly where you're supposed to be, you just haven't realised it yet. People who climb mountains to find God (or go to India) always come back disappointed because they're looking for something outside of themselves.

Everything's exactly right, exactly how it should be, and everything's OK, even if it doesn't seem that way.

No matter where you go - you take yourself with you. It's not a question of place, it's an inside job.

If I might say so, you're exactly where you're supposed to be, you just haven't realised it yet. People who climb mountains to find God (or go to India) always come back disappointed because they're looking for something outside of themselves.

Everything's exactly right, exactly how it should be, and everything's OK, even if it doesn't seem that way.

Thanks, although I think it's perhaps not the same wherever you go, I've been out of my country and am much happier back in my hometown.

Does it make any sense to be uncomfortable out of one's home country?
    Not wanting to become another nationality or adopt their sensibilities?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭hiorta

Isn't your country your physical home?
    All the generations of contact with it, its customs, history and its people are deep and marvellous but, where indeed is our spiritual home?

Is it on earth at all?

hiorta wrote: »
    Isn't your country your physical home?
    All the generations of contact with it, its customs, history and its people are deep and marvellous but, where indeed is our spiritual home?

Is it on earth at all?

Yeah, I tend to feel my country or region is my spiritual home, though have only realised it from being away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

My spiritual home is definitely Sweden. I knew as soon as I went there the first time. I pine for it when I'm away. Scandinavia is the only place I feel complete. Everywhere else I feel like I'm missing something vital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

Might sound a bit odd but my spiritual home is where ever I am during meditation.

Bit cold isn't it?
    My spiritual home is definitely Sweden. I knew as soon as I went there the first time. I pine for it when I'm away. Scandinavia is the only place I feel complete. Everywhere else I feel like I'm missing something vital.

Advertisement