Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kayaks

Options
  • 12-04-2008 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

anyone know where u can find decently priced river running kayaks, most places seem to be very expensive , i dont really have the money to pay out over a grand for a kayak, ive tried second hand aswell but i just cant find anything, anyone know where i might find one??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭fergalr

The great outdoors were having a kayak sale today to get rid of their demo stock, looked like some pretty good prices, no idea whether they'll all be gone at this stage... you could give them a call tomorrow and find out, they had plenty of used reasonably priced river boats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 13frank02

ye i went in, was kinda late though and they were pretty much out of most, i see another offer on their website though, pyrana G3 for 599, might ring them about that 2morrow, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Try the forums here. I bought a riot disco off a guy from Roscommon around 4 years ago using it, cost €500.

Do you have the rest of the gear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 13frank02

ye i have all the gear i used to have a boat but the bottom of it got shredded on some rocks i tried reparing it but it was beyond it, thanks for the reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 mark k

http://www.irishfreestyle.com

go to the forums there..you can find mint secound handones for great prices.
    i found a sub 7 on it 2 years ago and havnt looked back since:):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Irish Wolfhound

there are a few sit ons for sale on gumtree.ie. I think they might offer a trail on the kayak. i think they are around the 300 mark

Sit ons can be used anywhere. However it is not recommended to go out kayaking alone.

Sits on are becoming more affordable. Sometimes cheaper than renting the stuff out. Other than that join a club. Good opportunity to see what kayak suits you best

Cheers Irish Wolfhound

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭fergalr

there are a few sit ons for sale on gumtree.ie. I think they might offer a trail on the kayak. i think they are around the 300 mark

Sit ons can be used anywhere. However it is not recommended to go out kayaking alone.

Sits on are becoming more affordable. Sometimes cheaper than renting the stuff out. Other than that join a club. Good opportunity to see what kayak suits you best

Cheers Irish Wolfhound

Irish Wolfhound:
    Your post here would seem to give objective advice, which Im not disagreeing with - however I also can't help noticing that you mention you are trying to offload some sit-on-tops in another thread on this forum.

Is it reasonable to deduce that the people you refer to selling kayaks on gumtree might include yourself? If this is the case, you might want to just mention this in replies like above, just to make sure it doesn't look like a conflict of interest.
    If not, then sorry for barking up the wrong tree!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Irish Wolfhound

dude. not the case. Actually selling on buy and sell. But i stand by the view that sit on kayaks and Lidl are the best thing since sliced bread. Hope you are enjoying the sun

Advertisement