Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The team that God supports

• 12-04-2008 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭

There is one British team playing league football (top 4 divisions) that is mentioned in the Bible. In fact they are mentioned twice!

I'm not saying if they are English, Scottish or Welsh. But they play league football in their country.

Name that team......

Edit: Exact same name! So no adding or subtracting different parts to make a team name

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Peterborough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Nope and to make this clear, it's the exact same name in the Bible. Not adding different parts like ^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

micmclo wrote: »
    Nope and to make this clear, it's the exact same name in the Bible. Not adding different parts like ^^^

Boo-urns. My answer was correct for the original question.

*goes off to consult with Ned Flanders*

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

Jeremiah 50:25 reads: "The Lord has opened his arsenal ..............

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

On a more serious note God is a kopite as shown by serving the Anfield outfield in a red jersey with FOWLER on his back. :D:D:D

• Advertisement

sgt.bilko wrote: »
    Jeremiah 50:25 reads: "The Lord has opened his arsenal ..............

Blasphamy, you ought to be burned at the stake for misquoting the bible.:D

Cheeky fecker, Jeremiah states
    The LORD has opened His armory And has brought forth the weapons of His indignation, For it is a work of the Lord GOD of hosts In the land of the Chaldeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

I see you watching Soccer Saturday today. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

I'm sure Bury is mentioned more than most teams. :D

Hmmmm, didn't think of Bury, smart guess!
    But that's not the answer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Queen of the South?

• Advertisement

I'll bet there's one or two mentions of Hearts in the ol' Bible as well.

Hull is probably mentioned in the blueprints to Noah's ark. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Reading?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,272 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well there's the bit where Moses Leeds his people into the desert for 40 years.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I'll get my coat...

keano_afc wrote: »
    Queen of the South?

Indeed it is!
    The club are humorously cited as the only league club in the United Kingdom to be mentioned in the Bible. In the bible Luke 11:31 states "The Queen of the South shall rise up in the judgement with the men of this generation, and condemn them."[1] In the biblical quote the "Queen of the South" is considered to be the Queen of Sheba. Queen of the South is similarly quoted under Matthew 12:42.

Looking back I should have specified more than one word, so Hearts and Hull are probably in there but it wasn't what I was looking for

Well done Keano :)

Advertisement