Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for volunteer work in an events capacity for a charity?

Options
  • 12-04-2008 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi

I am really interested in working in the events industry, but I'm finding it to be a difficult area to get into. I have a job at the minute that is broadly events related. My one big ambition in life is to set up my own business, and event management would definitely be the main contender, because i know how good i would be at it and how much i would enjoy it.

even if i could find a paid events position right now, i think that it would be very much events admin based, rather than event mgt, which would be ok except i can't take a drop in salary cos i've got a mortgage to pay.

therefore in order to get some proper experience in events i am hoping to find some volunteer work with a charity in the events area. i am willing to do anything but i would like an opportunity to see how events are organised, and see major events take shape. i don't mind if i am not working on them directly in the beginning, i am genuinely willing to put my hand to anything.

it would need to be evenings / weekends, and in reasonable distance from dublin city centre to fit in with my day job. i am currently approaching some charities, but was wondering does anyone have any ideas on the best charities to approach, given what i am looking for. hopefully someone who have a lot of events going on during the year, and need helpers.

thank u :)

Advertisement