Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ringtones on iPhone

Options
  • 12-04-2008 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

Anyone know how i can get a full song as my ringtone? Was lookin around and can only get 30secs of a song as a ringtone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I think the iphone is just limited to 30 seconds. There's no way around it. In any case, why would you want a ringtone to go any longer than that?! If you want to show someone a song just play it from the ipod!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Can it be any 30 seconds from the song or does it have to be the 1st 30seconds?

Just curious

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

Just checked mine and its definitely longer than 30 secs. I ssh'ed it to the phone, using the extension change trick rather then using an itunes ringtone file, so basically a song that you put into the ringtone directory and change part of the filename so the iphone thinks its a ringtone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Up to 40 seconds of audio. Can be created in Garageband 4.1.1 and above if you have a Mac.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭sailorfoley

If it's a jailbroken iPhone use ssh to put your file into the /Library/Ringtones folder on the iPhone and then restart the phone. Works for me.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/apple/how-to-8-ways-to-get-ringtones-onto-your-iphone-298649.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

1huge1 wrote: »
    Can it be any 30 seconds from the song or does it have to be the 1st 30seconds?

Just curious

It can be any 30 seconds. If you're using the file extension renaming trick you can go to song options in itunes and set the start time and end time before you convert

Advertisement