Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin nuvi help

Options
  • 11-04-2008 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

My nuvi 760 has suddenly stopped working, when it is turned on it doesn't load and i get a white screen with the words "press dot" on the screen.

When I connect it to the PC a message "can't unlock maps" appears on the nuvi.

I phoned earlier today Garmin and they said they would send instructions to my e-mail address which they haven't and they are now closed for the weekend.

Anyone know how to get this working again?

It is a new GPS that I bought retail two months ago with pre-loaded maps and I haven't added anything to it since to cause this.

I have to say I am verry pissed off with this, I really need sat-nav for work and if I can't get it fixed very quickly I will have to shell out for a replacement.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,387 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Have you tried a 'Reset' on the device? On the 7xx series you push the power switch to the left and hold it there for 8 seconds, then turn the unit on. If this doesn't fix it then you'll have to send it back to Garmin.

Advertisement