Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Lane Belgard Road joke

Options
  • 11-04-2008 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Has anyone had the misfourtune to travel by bus on the belgard road?? and had to sit behind inconsiderate private motorists who drive in the bus lane, their must be at least 200 cars at any given time in the lane and what do the garda do ?? nothing not a thing:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,303 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If its that bad, are you sure the bus lane is in operation?

Otherwise a compalint to Traffic Control 1800233949 or the local garda stations (Tallaght and Clondalkin) would be useful

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rexkramer

is it that bad ????? its the worst bus lane iv come across, i work as a bus dvr, and drive a lot of routes but the belgard road is a joke and yes i have rang traffic control "we'll look into it" response and yes it is operational "24Hrs". to drive along the lane with angry passengers looking to get home or to work is a nightmare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Theres a bus lane travelling between the Belgard Inn and Newlands cross. During evening rush hour, its clogged with cars travelling onto the N7 Southbound. At really bad times, the entire bus lane can be filled with stationary cars. However, I think its only the 76 that uses this bus lane and its a reletively sparse service and thats probably why Ive never seen a bus trying to use this bus lane and the slack response from the "overlords".

Either way it needs sorting, because another by product of the mess is the fact that if you obey the bus lane and then try to merge into the slip for the N7 southbound at the proper point, you are beeped out of it by motorists in the fecking bus lane!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭weehamster

The Irish are Very Good at complaining about things but do nothing about it. And while yourself has complained to Traffic Control, others need to do the same to put pressure on. Try the local Gardaí and complain why it is not enforced. Why not try to complain to your Local TD, call Joe Duffy or Newstalk, get it out into the media. And importantly, Don't give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭markpb

I have a problem with the bus lane at Whitehall (between the Shantalla slip and Collins avenue) being full of cars blocking the Swords/Santry buses, the airport buses, the express buses, etc. The guys in the Traffic Control centre recognise my voice, the gardai in the GTC centre are sick of hearing from me and I've mentioned it to politicians but nothing is ever done about it, there hasn't been a guard at that bus lane since Freeflow packed up and went home till next Christmas. It's very hard not to give up sometimes, this city doesn't care about bus users. All the bus lanes in the world are useless without enforcement.

• Advertisement

Perhaps drivers just got so used to using that lane while the "bus lane not in use" signs were up that they use it out of habit, a warning sign should have been erected informing drivers that the lane is now "in use".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

whats needed at Belgard road presumably is a left hand turn lane to the RIGHT of the bus lane with a camera enforced yellow box at the point where it crosses the bus lane OR a Bus lane between the left hand trun lane and the stright on lane....it simply bad planning for cars wanting to turn left to be blocking those going stright on (if they are where they are legally maent to be) there seems to be loads of space there to do somerthing like this..

.the Gards wont want to know as enforcing the bus lane would cause other problems for them to try and sort out....

Advertisement